Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just not that sure about this one.

Granted I'm being a bit silly and putting a lot of faith in what my Wolves mate has told me about him,

But he seems a bit too much of a 'project' to me and in an ideal world I'd rather have gone after someone with a few more goals in them.

Wolves accepted the bid of £50m plus Doyle but then @MillsyTheMosher put a downer on things by stating emphatically that Doyle wound not set foot in wolves so Nunes is still contractually obligated to Wolverhampton. Awaiting here we go any min now.

Example below:

You have got the wrong end of the stick. Read my posts. I’ve never mentioned Nunes. All I’ve discussed is that Doyle isn’t keen on Wolves as it stands which has fuck all to do with the Nunes deal which is being negotiated completely separately to Wolves interest in Doyle. Please don’t put words in my mouth.

I know we just bid 60 million but we've no news since so I'd up thst to 70 million. If by midnight there is still nothing I'd go all in with this next year and the year after total budgets.

The Edwardsness is strong.

Atleast Doku will provide something different (Entire summer tacticians here said we have MOVED AWAY from Sane Sterling type of pacy direct wingers and now we went and signed Doku, they said we need more players who can hold the ball ) here Nunes doesn't do anything different from Kovacic. We need creativity, neither he nor Kovacic can provide. It was evident even today. Of course Pep Knows more but we are collecting far too many hold the ball and carry the ball players. Foden instantly looked lively today after coming on despite being Ill on back off illness. Nunes had one goal one assist last season, he isn't solving our creativity issues unless Pep unlocks Kevin inside him if at all it exists. At that price when he doesn't make our starting 11 it's ridiculous
Still provides cover for Rodri and can still play further forward if required. An cheaper alternative to Paqueta.

Excellent addition. We rely on Kovacic/Rodri so much this season that we can definitely use someone who can rotate with them and, with time, perhaps take a starting spot in our 11, depending on his development. Pep seems convinced he has all the tools to become truly incredible. I have seen signs of a very talented player who will thrive in our system. Don't believe me? Remember Kovacic playing for Chelsea last season...;)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.