Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again.

Wolves have a price for Nunes. He has a 4 year contract. Wolves don't have to sell him. If the rumour is true, City have come in again with another low ball offer for a player. Or an offer that City think is fair. An offer that Wolves don't think is fair and won't accept. And City know that. Hence why City will eventually pay closer to the Wolves valuation of Nunes.
I would imagine Mendes had a gentlemen's agreement with Wolves with a potential price accepted by both parties. You are right in saying Wolves can ask for what they want. Of course, there are consequences to that. Nunes can go on a strike and by doing so, cause some drama. He knows he could be punished, but he is taking his chances. If Wolves act a certain way, so does Nunes. I think every relationship or business works this way.

That's just my opinion. I understand what you are saying, and it makes sense.

Reactions: jrb

puppet-puppet-on-a-string.gif

I would imagine Mendes had a gentlemen's agreement with Wolves with a potential price accepted by both parties. You are right in saying Wolves can ask for what they want. Of course, there are consequences to that. Nunes can go on a strike and by doing so, cause some drama. He knows he could be punished, but he is taking his chances. If Wolves act a certain way, so does Nunes. I think every relationship or business works this way.

That's just my opinion. I understand what you are saying, and it makes sense.
Where has it been reported there's a gentleman's agreement?

Nunes typical comments improved on the Wolves fans site after the World Cup, but still a lot of inconsistency:
7/1/23, #2,463: p62
"Best game tonight by a bloody mile. Looks like what he was brought in for!"
7/1/23, #2,467: p62
"Glides past players like Grealish only without the dive at the other side."
8/1/23, #2,510: p63
"He was seriously good tonight. Needs to have more support around him so he can lay off the ball having glided past the opposition, and his long range passes are not quite up to Neves, but this will come as the team continues to get around him."
14/1/23, #2,528: p64
"Thought he was poor today and didn’t have that burst and energy he’d had. Maybe a hangover from previous games.
Quality still
But not his best today for me"
14/1/23, #2,535: p64
"I agree, I'm not doubting him, I think he will be brilliant. However he got caught quite a few times today shielding the ball and then losing it."
15/1/23, #2,541: p64
"He’s less effective when a team parks the bus like West Ham did. Not saying he was poor but he didn’t have the space to take the ball into. He was involved in our counters and when the game got more stretched he had more space he came to the fore."
22/1/23, #2,566: p65
"Thought he was dreadful today and lacked heart."
22/1/23, #2,568: p65
"He was sloppy today I agree, but games like this will be the making of him I feel. Learning to play when you are under pressure with the ball in a millisecond is essential in this league"
22/1/23, #2,571: p65
"He has improved under JL but still doesn't look anywhere near a £40m midfielder. He is very ponderous on the ball"
22/1/23, #2,588: p65
"Nunes is good at carrying the ball, everything else is questionable based on his performances in a Wolves shirt."
22/1/23, #2,611: p66
"...I am pretty sure on solid info that Liverpool have an option on him. If they take it up and we get our £50m back, is that a bad thing?"
22/1/23, #2,621: p66
"My personal opinion is that he was awful before Lopetegui and has been decent since Lopetegui came in. I hope he can keep improving..."
22/1/23, #2,630: p66
"Have tried to see the best in him and the occassional glimpses have encouraged me to support him in the past, but think he flatters to deceive and contributes far less than I hoped"
23/1/23, #2,635: p66
"The majority of our squad are quality players but Nunes like the rest of them hasn't produced that quality on a consistent basis.
Maybe some of us thought a £40m outlay would get you a game changer....... not on the evidence so far."
8/4/23, #2,649: p67
"He’s shown glimpses in other games but today was the first time it came together for a full 90 minutes. As good an all-round performance as anyone has put in this season. Quick, determined in the tackle, carries the ball superbly and genuinely two-footed. The goal was alright as well."
8/4/23, #2,655: p67
"How typical that he looks like he's found some good form then immediately gets a bad injury."
20/5/23, #2,670: p67
"Nunes looked more determined today when he came on, a few driving runs forward. Maybe hes got something to prove? I've been very critical of him, but hopefully he can be a key player for us next season."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.