Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may well do, it only broke late yesterday. Why not Sunday when he allegedly didn’t show up either? You’d think Wolves would have publicly said something too no? So it was either “leaked” by them or it’s total bolocks.
Could be leaked by any of the players or staff. Not necessarily by Wolves. But if its not denied by the player or his agent today, I think its likely its true. Which is a shame. He signed a contract, which I assume he was happy with a year ago.

I saw a little bit of the O'Neil press conference. At no point did he say Nunes had refused to train or was pissed at him. More noticeably, the journo's never asked the direct question - had Nunes not turned up. It was left hanging in the air with a passing reference to he being suspended for matches inferring that's why he wasn't training, which makes no sense. We can only guess, but it sounds like there is am 'arrangement' in place.

In other news - saw a website reporting he was Brazilian. Too many Nunes!

Why would he?

5 years ago, he was selling Portuguese barms.

He then played for Sporting and did well enough for Wolves to buy him and probably increase his weekly wage from £5k a week to £50k.

Now City, the best team in the land and all the world, want to buy him and increase his salary from £50k to £175k a week. (My figures, not based on anything barring what a £60m player would demand).

The only way he’d go on strike when with is is if the Saudis offer him £500k a week. (Again my arbitrary amount)

You are right. This is City. We aren’t Wolves. There are no better clubs to play for in the world right now, only ones that might pay him more.
A very small number of clubs who might pay him more

I'm not saying he would.

I'm saying I hope he doesn't see his arse because if he signs for City the fight for 1st team places is unreal. Every club has players who are always in the starting 11 and that includes City. Will Nunes be one of those starting 11 players? I don't know. But I don't think he will be. I could be wrong. You sign for City hoping to be a first 11 regular, not knowing you will be a first team regular, bar Haaland, etc.
Not sure you can say we have 11 regulars more like 16 or 17. He may not make Pep's favourite 11 but it is possible that he gets into that group of regular starters. This is something that Kalvin has been unable to do so far.

I saw a little bit of the O'Neil press conference. At no point did he say Nunes had refused to train or was pissed at him. More noticeably, the journo's never asked the direct question - had Nunes not turned up. It was left hanging in the air with a passing reference to he being suspended for matches inferring that's why he wasn't training, which makes no sense. We can only guess, but it sounds like there is am 'arrangement' in place.

In other news - saw a website reporting he was Brazilian. Too many Nunes!
Born in Brazil but chose to represent Portugal.

Cheers pal. Should have done a deeper dive! Oh my god! I could be a journalist!
Regardless, you were right. Born in Brasil but has lived in Portugal since the age of 13 and, consequently, took up Portuguese citizenship. Therefore, it's correct to describe him as Portuguese.
You're welcome. ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.