Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pep Guardiola: Matheus Nunes is one of the best players in the world today​

A year ago, I'll take Peps assessment.
Pep says a lot of things ....he was also supposedly after Nathan Redmond at one point.....

Im not saying and havent said I dont think he is good enough but the consistent and throwback that some people use on here (along the lines of if the club/Pep/Txixi think a player is good enough) is flawed as even these guys with all their expertise and knowledge make mistakes.....Kalvin Phillips being a case in point right at this moment.

On a side not....if he/the club is genuinely think he is one of the best players in the world today, then why are we offering 85m for Paquetta and then going on and quibbling over 55-60m for Nunes.....that makes no sense so I believe it is just one of those sound bites that Pep likes to use.

I know you’re laying claim to have some insider knowledge at the moment, obviously you’re not going to reveal a source exactly, however can’t say I’ve ever noticed you claiming any itk status previously?

Every third person has become an ITK this summer.

I’m definitely more inclined to side with the player than his Club based on my general view of their behaviour - as I put in my original post.

But I don’t know the facts any more than you or any of the posters who seem so quick and eager to judge the player in this instance.

None of us know what promises were made to the player, or what conversations he and his agent have had with them re: facilitating a move.

At the risk of repeating myself again - my point is the player going on strike and City walking away, if true, are both quite extreme reactions to a negotiation.

Put together, they would certainly support the suggestion Wolves are not being reasonable in this instance.

And on your point about City walking away. This has come directly from Tolmie’s Hairdoo - and he’s suggested it’s due to a lack of faith in being able to conclude a deal on time.

So no - I don’t think it’s because Pep is disappointed with the player. There’s absolutely nothing to suggest that in any of the limited information we do have access to.

The suggestion underpinning the claim is far less fanciful than that.
Fair enough. Good debate.

On a side not....if he/the club is genuinely think he is one of the best players in the world today, then why are we offering 85m for Paquetta and then going on and quibbling over 55-60m for Nunes.....that makes no sense so I believe it is just one of those sound bites that Pep likes to use.
Each player has a different valuation, just because the money is there doesn't mean it has to be used. Also, getting Nunes for 60 and then getting Barco for example for 10-15m is better than spending 85 on Nunes and then having to find 10-15 for Barco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.