Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
This feels like the most un-City like window in a long time. In fact, it’s almost like there’s been two windows in this one.

There was the pre-pre season window much of which was hampered by our late end to the season and treble celebrations. Then the pre-season window which has been skewed by the Saudi money and Chelsea deals.

You look at the very beginning of the window and there was value in the market. Kovacic was agreed, Bellingham, Tielemans, Maddison, Nkunku, MacAllistar, Szoboslai and Tonali all went for reasonable fees.

Then the Rice and Caicedo signings happened and now every Tom, Dick and Harry in the PL is valued at a minimum £60 million.

From the outside it does seem like the club has been very reactive as opposed to its usual proactive nature in the market. It feels like we allowed Gundog and Mahrez all the time in the world to dictate their next career move and missed out well valued replacements in the process.
The only tranfer of the 4 we'll do that's been reactive is the one midfield one which for various reasons we've had to react to our initial 3 targets not landing, the Paqueta one for unpredictable reason. Apart from that it's all gone pretty much to plan and fairly efficient.

This feels like the most un-City like window in a long time. In fact, it’s almost like there’s been two windows in this one.

There was the pre-pre season window much of which was hampered by our late end to the season and treble celebrations. Then the pre-season window which has been skewed by the Saudi money and Chelsea deals.

You look at the very beginning of the window and there was value in the market. Kovacic was agreed, Bellingham, Tielemans, Maddison, Nkunku, MacAllistar, Szoboslai and Tonali all went for reasonable fees.

Then the Rice and Caicedo signings happened and now every Tom, Dick and Harry in the PL is valued at a minimum £60 million.

From the outside it does seem like the club has been very reactive as opposed to its usual proactive nature in the market. It feels like we allowed Gundog and Mahrez all the time in the world to dictate their next career move and missed out well valued replacements in the process.
Both Gundo and Mahrez deserved the respect shown to them by the club. Pep said Mahrez was a surprise.

City obtained Gvardiol for a relatively good price. Negotiations became straightforward once RB stopped demanding £100m.

Kova was peanuts for his quality.

Lost out on Bellingham then in my opinion proceeded to fuck about with premier league players who are of a lesser quality.

We have the money but don’t want to get fleeced and look like we are throwing money about. Should have decided to buy abroad once Bellingham chose Madrid.

I don’t blame the club for allowing players time to leave. Laporte and Mahrez brought in good fees aswell.

The nunes deal is Mendes doing imo. As someone said, he has pitched the player at a certain price and city thought ok ticks a lot of boxes let’s do it.

The Paqueta nonsense hasn’t helped.

I am at the point now where we give Phillips a chance and move on to next summer.

As usual the MEN last to regurgitate information. I longed stopped clicking on anything published by the Reach group.

The MEN must have the least friendly website around. It has endless commercials as you try to actuallyread what you have clicked on the , in the first place

Whatever happens with Nunez or whoever, I am sure Pep will have a plan, he always does.

Probably Ederson LB and Gvardiol DM :-)

Use Brave browser, blocks all the adverts. (You can whitelist Bluemoon to pay for Ric's yacht)

Not sure I'm too impressed with him "going on strike" to try to force Wolves' hand. It doesn't come across as a great attitude. Compare to Bernardo. Stevie Wonder can see he wants to move, but he never causes a fuss; just keeps his head down and gets on with his job.

So we should go and sign an inferior player from another league just so we don't deal with another premier league club, what an odd take.
I didn't see the part about inferior players. I think you may have just projected that into the post?...

Not sure I'm too impressed with him "going on strike" to try to force Wolves' hand. It doesn't come across as a great attitude. Compare to Bernardo. Stevie Wonder can see he wants to move, but he never causes a fuss; just keeps his head down and gets on with his job.
He's already at the best team in the land and all the world though

Gundo and Laporte leaving hasn't helped either. Ake, Dias and Rodri are doing most of the legwork in this regard.
What about Ederson?

giphy-3.gif
/ISPOILER]

Has anyone come in with the required fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.