Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
This lad is a holding midfielder. Really good talent but we don't need him after signing Phillips.

Mate - he’s not a holding midfielder at all. He’s way more attacking/progressive than that.

He actually plays similarly to the role we used Bernardo in a lot last season - sitting centrally next to a more defensive midfielder, and carrying the ball forward to the out and out attacking players.

I really didn’t get it when people were talking about him earlier in the summer as a Fernandinho replacement, as that’s not his game at all.

He does make sense as a Bernie replacement given how we use Bernie theses days - but in my opinion he’s nowhere near as good.

Last edited:
Whoever the bals guy is, I agree with him. M. Nunes is a baller. Period!
This is hilarious. Hadn’t seen or heard this. Links make sense now.

Someone kept telling me he couldn’t play holding mf earlier in the window. He seems versatile enough to play a few mf roles which is probably why there’s interest.

If he indeed is wanting to come here he seems to have good height, qualities to supplement and a pretty good motor which is great. I’m sold.

This is hilarious. Hadn’t seen or heard this. Links make sense now.

Someone kept telling me he couldn’t play holding mf earlier in the window. He seems versatile enough to play a few mf roles which is probably why there’s interest.

If he indeed is wanting to come here he seems to have good height, qualities to supplement and a pretty good motor which is great. I’m sold.
I dont think he's a pure 6 in the same way Dinho wasnt when he arrived. Jack of all but could be converted into any 6/8/10 by Pep everntually.

Looks bloody brilliant to me but what do I know..

Looks very good. Definitely not a dm but a lot of his play seems to start from deep. He’d probably get fouled a lot in the prem, and we’d have to start again. Obviously not a patch on Bernardo technically but would give a bit of extra height. If it’s true about him keeping a promise to us based on Bernie’s situation, that’s a good start. Personally, I’d prefer Grealish to be moved inside/deeper and we sign a winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.