Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
That ties in exactly what was said by a large number of their fans, I quoted earlier in the thread, (copied above). Hopefully he will be better and more consistent here with better players around him and the best manager in the world.

The list of quotes from wolves fans is about right of the genuine feeling of most season ticket holders I know. I am sure he is going to put in a bit more fight, originally he wanted to go to Liverpool, but I am sure he is going to want to play a big part at City now (until Barcelona or Madrid come in for him).

He does have talent, he is fast and strong and carries the ball well, but he does give it away a lot which we (wolves) just can't afford. With better players and a bigger desire to stay at city he can do well.

I just think this deal is good all round. We need a bit more fight, we need the money to cover three players. At the end of the day with Doyle, the money, and the savings on his wages, we should be better off than keeping him (if that was ever an option when city come in!)

I don't know if you guys know but he speaks good English because his step dad is from Sunderland.

Good luck to the guy.

The list of quotes from wolves fans is about right of the genuine feeling of most season ticket holders I know. I am sure he is going to put in a bit more fight, originally he wanted to go to Liverpool, but I am sure he is going to want to play a big part at City now (until Barcelona or Madrid come in for him).

He does have talent, he is fast and strong and carries the ball well, but he does give it away a lot which we (wolves) just can't afford. With better players and a bigger desire to stay at city he can do well.

I just think this deal is good all round. We need a bit more fight, we need the money to cover three players. At the end of the day with Doyle, the money, and the savings on his wages, we should be better off than keeping him (if that was ever an option when city come in!)

I don't know if you guys know but he speaks good English because his step dad is from Sunderland.

Good luck to the guy.
if he gives the ball away a lot he won't be at City for long, Pep hates this.

Wolves fna are happy he has gone and he was garbage last season
I might be being harsh here but I can’t remember the last time I saw you post something other than a negative slant!

Be reassured the club put a lot of effort and planning into their recruitment, most work out well. I think there will be shades of Kova with this lad. He’ll be well coached and drilled in our style, and he’s a good age with great mobility.

I’m just trying to enjoy the ride personally.

What Nunes done is probably wrong but you get one chance to transfer to the best team in the world at this moment he took it can you really blame him
He might have not got another chance
Just look at other players who get a chance and don't take it
Harry Kane being one look at him him disappointing to go to a one team league

Thats an interesting option since both are box to box players but you feel as though City would be needing a holding midfielder there to break up the play and allow Nunes or Kovacic to roam further up. Rodri is going to need some rest this season.

Portuguse media apparently reporting Palhinha is of high interest to Bayern. Good deal for them if true.
Not at £85m though.

That was Cunha. Nunes had a good game (by his usual standards) but it was Cunha who was turning and running at the Reds defence.

He will do well with you guys (when he plays) but for Wolves he is probably a luxury we can't afford. Last season he played 31 games and got one goal and one assist.

He is a good dribbler and gets the team up the pitch, but he does loose the ball and put the defence under pressure. When we only scored 30 odd goals his mistakes are orders of magnitude more important for us than they will be for you.

Don't forget in 126 games for Sporting, Wolves and Portugal he has only scored 9 goals, so he is not going to get many (unless Pep transforms him, which he might)

Good luck to him, putting aside football rivalries you don't get many opportunities in life to play for the European champions or probably the best manager in the world.

We will take the deal and re-invest it into some unknowns in the hope we find another gem.

Our Chinese owners are minted (Billionaires) but not in your league, but they have the added issue of international geopolitics to navigate. The chairman of Fosun disappeared for a few week a couple years ago as the CCP wanted to have a friendly word on corruption charges - he talked his way out of that, but if the CCP tell Fosun to repatriate some of their overseas cash back to China - they do it or they will be re-pointing the Great Wall with a tooth brush!
Cunha was very good that game but I remember various instances where Nunes broke united press and sent wolves on the counter.

One play in particular he got past two players right outside wolves 18 years line and sent wolves on a counter which ended in a Cunha shot. I think it was early in the second half if I am not mistaken.

Cunha was very good that game but I remember various instances where Nunes broke united press and sent wolves on the counter.

One play in particular he got past two players right outside wolves 18 years line and sent wolves on a counter which ended in a Cunha shot. I think it was early in the second half if I am not mistaken.
I saw the full game tonight and thought he was largely poor, to be honest. Had one breakthrough like you described but other than that made the wrong decision and gave away the ball basically every time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.