Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it you haven't spent much time on this forum, if you had you would have thought we were fighting relegation the past 10ys with how the matchday threads go.
I ventured on the matchday thread on Sunday just to see if the usual suspects were in full meltdown mode. Yep, they didn't let me down. Thing is most are longtime posters too losing their shit. It's as if on kick off it just triggers something in their brain to which forces them to type absolute fuckin mind boggling garbage.

47 mil was the fee for Nunes.
Nope plus player 15M
That was Cunha. Nunes had a good game (by his usual standards) but it was Cunha who was turning and running at the Reds defence.

He will do well with you guys (when he plays) but for Wolves he is probably a luxury we can't afford. Last season he played 31 games and got one goal and one assist.

He is a good dribbler and gets the team up the pitch, but he does loose the ball and put the defence under pressure. When we only scored 30 odd goals his mistakes are orders of magnitude more important for us than they will be for you.

Don't forget in 126 games for Sporting, Wolves and Portugal he has only scored 9 goals, so he is not going to get many (unless Pep transforms him, which he might)

Good luck to him, putting aside football rivalries you don't get many opportunities in life to play for the European champions or probably the best manager in the world.

We will take the deal and re-invest it into some unknowns in the hope we find another gem.

Our Chinese owners are minted (Billionaires) but not in your league, but they have the added issue of international geopolitics to navigate. The chairman of Fosun disappeared for a few week a couple years ago as the CCP wanted to have a friendly word on corruption charges - he talked his way out of that, but if the CCP tell Fosun to repatriate some of their overseas cash back to China - they do it or they will be re-pointing the Great Wall with a tooth brush!
126 games for Sporting, Wolves and Portugal he has only scored 9 goals

Last edited:
When you sell you get all of the sales proceeds in this years accounts. When you buy you get the costs spread over the length of the players contracts.
Still cant see how that helps us vs. (say) 57m Nunes purchase and 15m Doyle sale

Assuming Nunes signs a 5 year contract, per the reported deal, we pay 9.4m/year and get 5m next year

With my hypothetical, we pay 11.4/year but get 15m next year. So we are worse this year by an insignificant 2m but better off for the subsequent 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.