Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh, just seen the City Xtra tweet quoting Gaughan in Mail Sport.

I knew something serious was brewing with Rodri's comments. No way would he have said that if there wasn't a message he was trying to get out.

It's pretty obvious to me it was a veiled comment directed at Philips. It seems City want to cut their losses, but the player wants to tough it out...

I just hope this doesn't turn nasty.

I just saw it as a general moan. Rodri does that sometimes in pressers (think he did it after Spain played Scotland recently) and you can tell he's one to wear his heart on his sleeve.

I don't think it was a hint because no hints are needed, it's pretty obvious that he's knackered and being overworked so I doubt having a dig at a fellow teammate in public will have gone a long way other than to potentially - and needlessly - fuck up some squad harmony.

Of course it will,he is a passenger and he is preventing us moving forward.

Yes,i know.......its his right.....yawn.
Well he's got the contract, & standing on podiums 4 times in 12 months can become intoxicating.

I get he wants to stay, & up until Rodri's interview I'd have supported him, but Rodri's comments changed things for me.

Whether Philips will accept it looks like City want to move him on, is a whole other matter... \0/

I just saw it as a general moan. Rodri does that sometimes in pressers (think he did it after Spain played Scotland recently) and you can tell he's one to wear his heart on his sleeve.

I don't think it was a hint because no hints are needed, it's pretty obvious that he's knackered and being overworked so I doubt having a dig at a fellow teammate in public will have gone a long way other than to potentially - and needlessly - fuck up some squad harmony.
I saw it different mate. The killer point Rodri made in his interview was he'd spoken to the club about it, so why then tell the press?

I'm as certain as I can be that Rodri's comments were for Philips' benefit. Since then there's been speculation about WHU, Liverpool & Bayern all reviving their interest in him, & it seems we're looking to buy midfield replacements for him too.

Philips has been sidelined much the same as Cancelo & Laporte were. It's evident the writing's on the wall.

Imagine fans calling on Pep to make substitutions vs Newcastle last week, & Pep saying afterwards he couldn't because he didn't have any options available on the bench.

If I was Palmer or Philips, it would've been a sobering moment for me regarding my City future. \0/

He is very press-resistant and can score goals. I don't think he is much of a creator though

Of course it will,he is a passenger and he is preventing us moving forward.

Yes,i know.......its his right.....yawn.
If we buy a replacement, which we must for our squad balance and Rodri's health, then surely he's wise enough to know he has to leave?

If he wants to stay and not play it is his right, but he should lose his England squad place as a result and i'd question his motivation to want to play the game he's being paid to play!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.