Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is all very exciting. Can’t wait to see who we get and how they will develop. As long as the player buys into pep’s methods and works his bollox off then they can’t go too far wrong. The squad need this fresh impetus.

When I watch him I see a similar player to Bellingham. A pure box to box player who uses his physicality to shield the ball brilliantly and drive at opposition. It doesn’t always look the cleanest but he’s a real powerhouse and it’s effective. I think there is so much he can add to his game as well- the goals he has scored although only a few have been rockets and he strikes the ball really well. A bit of a beast to add to a team that is already looking quite scary both in terms of technical ability but also power and physicality

In 2022, Pep said he considers Nunes to be "one of the best players in the world," so it's not surprising. Let's see how much money they want. It's a massive aggregation, but it goes to show how much he values what he brings to the table.

Would lie if I said I was convinced about that Nunes would be a good signing. Has never impressed much when I've seen him, often gives away possession at bad times, offers little going forward, not standing out as particularly great defensively either. His main strength seems to be just running with the ball trough the middle and get fouled. Most Wolves fans reaction (that I've seen) to these news seems to be something like "why would City want to sign him?"

With that said, Citys recruitment team obviously knows more than me, they know what they are doing and he would most likely look like a much better player with us than he did at Wolves. Pep seems to like him as well going by past comments!

As always, I have no reason to not trust the club so if this is the guy they are going for I will assume Pep is going to make him a star until proven otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.