Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he didn't. He was always being compared to Dejong. And most didn't rate him good enough

He was a mainstay in our second ever Premier League winning team, scoring 5 league goals and providing the necessary leg work to free up Yaya Toure to have his best ever season.

Anyone who heavily criticised him that season was, and most likely still is, an utter div.

He was a mainstay in our second ever Premier League winning team, scoring 5 league goals and providing the necessary leg work to free up Yaya Toure to have his best ever season.

Anyone who heavily criticised him that season was, and most likely still is, an utter div.
Yeah, it was Garcia who got the comparisons, not Ferna. But I still think fans need to give Phillips another season before they start writing him off. The lad was quality before joining us, and then having missed most of the season with injuries

Yeah, it was Garcia who got the comparisons, not Ferna. But I still think fans need to give Phillips another season before they start writing him off. The lad was quality before joining us, and then having missed most of the season with injuries

Fair enough. I wasn't on here at the time but it wouldn't have surprised me.

My only issue with Phillips is whether he's blocking someone else coming in. I'm happy for him to stay and see out the contract we decided to give him but we also need a genuine rotation option with Rodri.

Neither Nunez or Eze would be a threat to where Phillips would play. If City wanted to sell the lad, he'd be gone by now

Let's be honest Rodri Fernandhino and Grealish didn't actually hit the floor running. And none of them suffered the injury set backs Kalvin had
Pep is refusing to play him. All of the other players who struggled in their first season still got significant game time, Kalvin hardly got any last season and it looks to be continuing this season. It's obvious we want him out of the club but according to reports he is digging his heels in and does not want to leave.

Pep is refusing to play him. All of the other players who struggled in their first season still got significant game time, Kalvin hardly got any last season and it looks to be continuing this season. It's obvious we want him out of the club but according to reports he is digging his heels in and does not want to leave.
Pep must see something is definitely missing with him in training, to trust him so little. I see some on here saying he needs to be given a chance, but I prefer to trust our coaches judgement.

Hope he is. Zinchenko did, and served a purpose, until he found a club more suitable for himself

Other difference is Grealish was given plenty of playing time to actually adapt. Philips is given 3 minutes when we’re 4-0 up. If he’s lucky. It’s very obvious he is not ever going to be even given a chance to prove if he can step up.
The comparisons with Grealish are ridiculous. Yes, Jack improved considerably in his second season but he was still a useful member of the team in his first season, who played a lot of games and the average number of minutes. Dragging him into this debate is just bullshit from the anti-Grealish contingent of our fanbase.

This is one I’m least sure about out of everyone serve been linked to. When we were linked with him last Summer and he went to Wolves, I watched him a few times at Wolves paying attention to him because of the links and thought nothing of him at all. Just blended in as a bottom of the league standard player (which is still a good standard, don’t get me wrong, but it’s not our standard).

1 goal and 1 assist from attacking and central midfield and the odd right and left attacking midfield positions in 36 PL games last season is astonishing really. There are shit centre halves with better returns than that.

This is one I’m least sure about out of everyone serve been linked to. When we were linked with him last Summer and he went to Wolves, I watched him a few times at Wolves paying attention to him because of the links and thought nothing of him at all. Just blended in as a bottom of the league standard player.

1 goal and 1 assist from attacking and central midfield and the odd right and left attacking midfield positions in 36 PL games last season is astonishing really.

Gotta trust Pep on this one but its not the first time he has been interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.