Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most likely option to let Rodri rest is a double pivot of Kovacic and Nunes. Phillips (who isnt leaving app) could get a shot next to one of those two.

You can't just expect Nunes to play DM the most difficult position and the hardest to adapt in City system and being able to cover for Rodri seamlessly.

Nunes need to adapt and i suspect he will play more in Gundogan role rather than Rodri role this season which suits more him best.

Thats an interesting option since both are box to box players but you feel as though City would be needing a holding midfielder there to break up the play and allow Nunes or Kovacic to roam further up. Rodri is going to need some rest this season.

Portuguse media apparently reporting Palhinha is of high interest to Bayern. Good deal for them if true.
Kovacic defensive stats are top notch. Nunes too. But City does play with the inverted RB and LB so theyll usually be 3 in that pivot at time anyways.

Good signing, and as usual Txiki has done well considering Wolves were laughably asking for £60m. It’s great how Txiki takes no shit.

I read that Nunes is very quick for a central midfielder too, will be great having that pace as an option, as well as a bit of aggression for games against rags and scousers.
We paid £60M though lol

If you class getting rid of a lad who could do a job for city and keeping Phillips a great deal
A great deal as in we got in reality £20m for a lad who was never going to break into our team. Phillips is irrelevant to this deal.

Just in after a long working day ….. catch up I’m afraid.
See the latest on Nunes / deal conditions, but is it more of just a coincidence that Bueno moves from Girona to Wolves today…..??
They got him and Doyle for probably a cheaper fee.

Just in after a long working day ….. catch up I’m afraid.
See the latest on Nunes / deal conditions, but is it more of just a coincidence that Bueno moves from Girona to Wolves today…..??
according to a wolves fan, we bought hi for 47m, wolves have got bueno for 8m when he has a buy out for 20m and tommy doyle for 5m,but we have a 50% sell on

Good post. Have to disagree with you on Neves though. Good men don't sell out during their peak years. He could've got you a similar fee and moved onto a top European club. He captained Porto at 18 and is clearly well regarded on the continent. He's settled for the money for his family instead though.

Hope you get a bit more business sorted before the window closes. You had a really good manager in Lopetegui and I think his exit speaks volumes. Have to feel for the fans as I think you are being sold short at the moment in terms of the club's recruitment strategy.
I get what you are saying about Neves but the guy is only just gone 26. he has four kids and is totally about family. He could do three years in Saudi to earn the truly big bucks and still be young enough for a good three or four seasons in a good European league.

I absolutely love the guy. So, there is very little he can do that would upset me. We have all seen the badge kissers giving it large until there is a whiff of a bigger move. Neves was lined up for Barcelona until they couldn't find the money, but he show Wolves genuine respect, and he was almost crying on his goodbye video. But it was more than that, Neves played the biggest part of saving wolves last season. Not the manager or your new guy - it was Neves that dragged the team through by shear will and force of character.

Love the guy, major man crush :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.