Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the reasons I moved to USA. On the west coast at least the vast majority encourage and laud success and try to pick you up in the event of failure.
Far better than the twisted and bitter UK approach of keying the nice car and stamping into The dirt anyone who is having a hard time.
Americans are cheesy no doubt, but far more supportive. They also share their success stories. In the UK if you are onto a good thing the very idea of sharing it is anathema but in the US you tell as many people as possible how to achieve the same success. Only thing I really miss apart from family back home is the ability to go to the games.

Put me down for miserable fuckers over hyper positive Americans any day.
(I take your point though).

This is one of the reasons I moved to USA. On the west coast at least the vast majority encourage and laud success and try to pick you up in the event of failure.
Far better than the twisted and bitter UK approach of keying the nice car and stamping into The dirt anyone who is having a hard time.
Americans are cheesy no doubt, but far more supportive. They also share their success stories. In the UK if you are onto a good thing the very idea of sharing it is anathema but in the US you tell as many people as possible how to achieve the same success. Only thing I really miss apart from family back home is the ability to go to the games.

Misery sells in the UK, you’ve only got to look at the shite like eastenders on the box that we don’t give a fuck how bad our lives are so long as someone is worse off. In the US it doesn’t matter how rich you are if their is a bloke with a dollar more

Surely the significant amount with the Doyle deal is the 50% sell-on? It looks like West Ham need cash, and are willing to take than unusually high % to keep the fee low and delayed.
You're right - it is significant. But there's no guarantee Wolves will trade him any time soon, and if they do it would need to be for 36m to make up the difference vs a more normal 15m upfront + 20% of sell-on. And that's non-inflation adjusted.

We also wanted maguire, sanchez, van persie etc etc etc. its just not how we work
It's all about hindsight... We were lucky not to get Maguire and to a lesser extent Sanchez.
Van Persie was the one that got away. We'd have walked the PL 2012/13 if we'd signed him (or if the rags hadn't)

Not sure why there are so many farewell posts to Tolmie tbh! He’s said that he’ll still be on here as well.
1693516210452.png

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.