Matheus Nunes

Still more than happy to keep him if he’s willing to get his head down and fight for minutes.
If he’s given any indication he’s unhappy then sell him to whoever is willing to stump up the cash.

Would all those who think he’s absolutely shit be happy to see him go to the dippers?
Yes. Just as I would be happy if they would buy Phillips as well. Would rather see them waste their money on one of them rather than on someone thats actually good and will improve them.

Last edited:
Would all those who think he’s absolutely shit be happy to see him go to the dippers?
No problem from me as I don't think he'd improve them.
I'm more inclined to be worried by " unproven" players who have ended up at other clubs like Douglas Luiz and Morgan Rogers to Villa or Palmer, Lavia to Chelsea. I realise some of these weren't sold directly.
The more senior players, whom Pep is more familiar with, like Sterling, Jesus, Zinchenko etc.
don't seem to have moved on in their career. I'd put Nunes in that category.

No problem from me as I don't think he'd improve them.
I'm more inclined to be worried by " unproven" players who have ended up at other clubs like Douglas Luiz and Morgan Rogers to Villa or Palmer, Lavia to Chelsea. I realise some of these weren't sold directly.
The more senior players, whom Pep is more familiar with, like Sterling, Jesus, Zinchenko etc.
don't seem to have moved on in their career. I'd put Nunes in that category.
Would argue Nunes is not in the same category as Sterling/Jesus/Zinchenko. All of the latter were good squad players able to play a part when needed and actually contributed to our success. Would put Nunes in the same category as the likes of Phillips/Mangala/Rodwell/Bony/Jo, but thats just my opinion :)

EDIT: With that said, if he stays I obviously hope he surprises me and turn into a good player!

If the club feels he’s surplus, or if the player himself wants leave I understand we sell. But I strongly disagree with selling to a rival, as we’re seeing now with Palmer.

By all means sell, but either to a club like Newcastle or Everton, or ideally abroad. Absolutely not Liverpool (or Chelsea/Arsenal).

Chelsea seem able to offload players abroad (Gallagher, Lukaku), even rags with McTominay to Napoli, so we should be able to do the same. I hate seeing players we’ve had doing well for these rival English teams. Every goal and assist from Palmer pisses me off. I know he wanted to go but I wish it had been somewhere like Bayern or Madrid.
Exactly this on a
all points. No way sell to Dips/ Spyds/ Arse/ Chavs. And yes the Palmer situation niggles me every time he scores/ assists.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.