Matheus Nunes

As far as Nunes goes he’s got something, it’s not like Phillips.

I can see why these clubs would want to buy him.

I’d be reluctant to sell to Liverpool (although ultimately I would).

If we’ve made the decision then I think for him and us best he moves.

I am a bit surprised and thought he deserved a second season to see if he could adapt enough to be an important squad player for us.
I'd have agreed with that pre Gundog's return but not so now.

He was signed as a replacement for Gundo & cover for KdBs injury.

Even with Kova taking time to settle Nunes never 'gripped' a game.

He's got great technical ability and style but rarely if ever showed 'grit' and jumped out of some tackles.

Sometimes for unaccountable reasons a player can't gel.....this may be one of those.

Praps a move for money back will be best for player and club

Koyogo may be next in with Guimares next summer along with Musialla.

Investment evolution.

If the club feels he’s surplus, or if the player himself wants leave I understand we sell. But I strongly disagree with selling to a rival, as we’re seeing now with Palmer.

By all means sell, but either to a club like Newcastle or Everton, or ideally abroad. Absolutely not Liverpool (or Chelsea/Arsenal).

Chelsea seem able to offload players abroad (Gallagher, Lukaku), even rags with McTominay to Napoli, so we should be able to do the same. I hate seeing players we’ve had doing well for these rival English teams. Every goal and assist from Palmer pisses me off. I know he wanted to go but I wish it had been somewhere like Bayern or Madrid.

If we offload him, he's been a completely wasted signing. Sometimes things just don't pan out though. I hoped he would break into the team this season, but maybe it's not meant to be.

Don’t agree with the, it’s ok we can play false 9.

We have played with a striker for a number of seasons now and as such our set up to do it.

Now Pep is a master and I know we will still be competitive, but the fractions are small.

It could be a too bigger switch in the very tight games
With Kova, Gundo, Bernardo, and even Stones I believe we are more than OK to rest and cover for Rodri. We need to bring in a back up 9. This idea that no one will back up Haaland is silly. Maybe no one with a resume like Alvarez, but there are plenty of viable options we could bring in to do a job. Every serious squad in Europe has a second 9.

If the club feels he’s surplus, or if the player himself wants leave I understand we sell. But I strongly disagree with selling to a rival, as we’re seeing now with Palmer.

By all means sell, but either to a club like Newcastle or Everton, or ideally abroad. Absolutely not Liverpool (or Chelsea/Arsenal).

Chelsea seem able to offload players abroad (Gallagher, Lukaku), even rags with McTominay to Napoli, so we should be able to do the same. I hate seeing players we’ve had doing well for these rival English teams. Every goal and assist from Palmer pisses me off. I know he wanted to go but I wish it had been somewhere like Bayern or Madrid.
Usually I would agree we should not sell our players to rivals but when it comes to the likes of Nunes, a player thats closer to 30 than 20 and never had a successful season in a top5 league, I have zero concerns about him potentially improving our rivals.

If anything we should consider ourselves lucky they are interested, before this turns into another Phillips situation and its more or less impossible to sell him.

Last edited:
Usually I would agree we should not sell our players to rivals but when it comes to the likes of Nunes, a player thats closer to 30 than 20 and never had a successful season in a top5 league, I have zero concerns about him potentially improving our rivals.

If anything we should be lucky they are interested, before this turns into another Phillips situation and its more or less impossible to sell him.

He’s 25 so not that much closer.

However, I am in agreement to some point and it is the City way.

If he cannot get games for us, why should he be stopped moving to his next choice.

It could come back to haunt us and I would expect him to suit Liverpool better, but sometimes it’s not as straight forward as people think.

3-1 up vs Ipswich, Rodri not back yet, Kovacic out injured and still no sign of Nunes after being rested all summer. If Pep is not trusting him and only giving him 5 minutes of garbage time in this kind of situation, it's probably best we get shot of him, get his wages off the books, cut our losses on the fee and replace him with someone who will contribute properly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.