Maths Question

The question depends on what you mean by "lost".

In total you have paid £140 to stay in a room advertised at £120. You paid £20 too much.

But if you consider the cost of staying in either A or B then the average cost of a hotel is £125. You paid £15 too much.

If your intention was to stay in hotel A you have failed and therefore paid £140 too much.

£20 is the answer, what you spent on the second hotel has nothing to do with how much you lost by cancelling the first room.

Should have stayed in the Premier Inn with Lenny Henry and not spent so much you flash ****. I blame @TCIB and his fucking hotel and cocktail bar guide he put us through when he fell in love 6 months ago.

£250 spent on the rooms with £110 in refunds means you've spent £140 in total which then means your are £10 worse off than if you weren't a fussy **** and changed your mind on the original hotel.

The original poster asked how much better off he would have been if he'd have booked hotel B first time around which is £20.

Can anyone help me work this question out, been bugging me all morning..

Now I'm trying to work out whether I've lost £20 or £30 from not booking Hotel 'B' first time around.

Any ideas?

The cost of Hotel B has nothing to do with the answer to what he was asking. Look at it by replacing Hotel B with sleeping for free in the car. He paid £130 and got £110 back . So he lost £20.

Last edited:
This governments plan to test 7 year olds on basic maths and literacy now seems like a very good idea indeed, not sure how some of you get out of bed in the morning never mind hold down a job, my Big Macs gone cold while I'm waiting for my change, dumb cunts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.