Matija Nastasic

FantasyIreland said:
Andy Morrisons jock strap said:
Funny but I don't ever remember Nasty being as bad as what Mangala is at the moment!!

Mangala had one of the best debut's I have ever seen,unfortunately he is yet to repeat that superb standard,however,the criticism aimed at him is unwarranted and ridiculous.His team mates are also letting him down and add that to the fact he doesn't know who he will be playing alongside is hardly helping the lad either.

Nastasic will never have the ability,athleticism or the heart that Mangala possesses - he doesn't come close.

Hmmm I'm not sure I take your point about the different defensive partners he has had but for a centre back you need to be able to read the game and if his decision making and awareness of opposition strikers doesn't improve then you are bang in trouble regardless of having pace and athleticism

The cookie monster said:
bzekosilva said:
I asked ian cheeseman on twitter regarding him , and he said " it simple there are other defenders to choose from" no conspiracies , no over the top drugs stories, he was up for sale in the summer turned his nose up at a way out and decided to stay on the last day.
Looks like he's been punished for that then
If he cant make the bench instead of boyata someone really has got it in for him...............

AKA Pellegrini. As much as people like to think of him as the charming guy who is all holistic and all that bollocks he is a cold twat to certain players not in his plans. Why I enjoy Hart pissing on his chips every good game he has as he brought in Willy to replace him but Hart is playing so well he simply can't drop him. Long may it continue.

FantasyIreland said:
Funny but I don't ever remember Nasty being as bad as what Mangala is at the moment!!

Mangala had one of the best debut's I have ever seen,unfortunately he is yet to repeat that superb standard,however,the criticism aimed at him is unwarranted and ridiculous.His team mates are also letting him down and add that to the fact he doesn't know who he will be playing alongside is hardly helping the lad either.

Nastasic will never have the ability,athleticism or the heart that Mangala possesses - he doesn't come close.

he'll never have the athleticism you mean. how he's shown you that much ability and heart in 1 game is beyond me. Im still waiting for our defence to start playing in a way he's incapable of playing, because I accepted that, and it made sense sort of, but we don't at all. Lescott would be fine here still and it hasn't really evolved into anything noticeably different, besides mangala needing his "athleticism" to make up for mistakes he's made.

Im sure Mangala will be fine I'm sure but it doesn't have to be at the expense of nastasic.

rick773 said:
FantasyIreland said:

he'll never have the athleticism you mean. how he's shown you that much ability and heart in 1 game is beyond me. Im still waiting for our defence to start playing in a way he's incapable of playing, because I accepted that, and it made sense sort of, but we don't at all. Lescott would be fine here still and it hasn't really evolved into anything noticeably different, besides mangala needing his "athleticism" to make up for mistakes he's made.

Im sure Mangala will be fine I'm sure but it doesn't have to be at the expense of nastasic.

I think Nasasic's fate was preobably sealed when he stood there & let Alex score a free header pre season. Made no effort whatsoever to stop him. The manager would have been looking at our options & seen much more effort from the much maligned Boyata, however much people slag him off. We saw the same from Nasti many times in first team games. Often he got away with it as the ball sailed over the bar, but occasionally it would cost us a goal. It's not so much being beaten to the ball, that happens to everyone from time to time, it's not even trying to get involved & put in a challenge which is unacceptable.

Wouldn't surprise me if he is already out the door & we have an agreement with a team for him to leave. Maybe even in Jan.

FantasyIreland said:

Nastasic in Madrid was better in my opinion (I think that was his debut?). Mangala, at the minute, looks a lot like Richards defensively. Doesn't matter if you have athleticism and heart when your positional sense is all over the place. Hopefully he does come good, it's bound to be hard for Mangala when his defensive partner keeps changing, midfield is being overrun and Clichy is playing as poorly as he is.

AlthamBlue said:
FantasyIreland said:

Nastasic in Madrid was better in my opinion (I think that was his debut?). Mangala, at the minute, looks a lot like Richards defensively. Doesn't matter if you have athleticism and heart when your positional sense is all over the place. Hopefully he does come good, it's bound to be hard for Mangala when his defensive partner keeps changing, midfield is being overrun and Clichy is playing as poorly as he is.

Nastasic in Madrid was better! We let in two gaols in three minutes at the end of the game.

jonmcity said:
AlthamBlue said:
FantasyIreland said:

Nastasic in Madrid was better! We let in two gaols in three minutes at the end of the game.

Did absolutely fuck all in 90 mins. The secret to most of his 'great' performances, was his ability to completely avoid being involved in any defending at any time, ever, thus he would make few mistakes, as he didn't actually do anything other than pass the ball mostly sideways, but look nice & calm doing it.

Real should have been 4 up at half time in that game. 2nd goal, he just let Benzema take two steps, turn & fire the ball in. Utter, shite.

Neville Kneville said:
jonmcity said:
AlthamBlue said:

Did absolutely fuck all in 90 mins. The secret to most of his 'great' performances, was his ability to completely avoid being involved in any defending at any time, ever, thus he would make few mistakes, as he didn't actually do anything other than pass the ball mostly sideways, but look nice & calm doing it.

Real should have been 4 up at half time in that game. 2nd goal, he just let Benzema take two steps, turn & fire the ball in. Utter, shite.

Completely agree. Nastasic's weaknesses have been seen as talent by a lot of people. He didn't get booked for an entire season - because he timed challenges so well? Or because he didn't make any challenges? He is comfortable on the ball 100%. But beyond that he rarely makes decent challenges and rarely reads the game well. He flattered to deceive and Mangala has the potential to be a hell of a lot better once he settles. He is good on the ball though not great, he has the build to completely over power the opposition.

AlthamBlue said:
FantasyIreland said:

Defensively we were fucking awful in Madrid. How we didn't go in at half-time 5-0 down was baffling.

Neville Kneville said:
I think Nasasic's fate was preobably sealed when he stood there & let Alex score a free header pre season. Made no effort whatsoever to stop him. The manager would have been looking at our options & seen much more effort from the much maligned Boyata, however much people slag him off. We saw the same from Nasti many times in first team games. Often he got away with it as the ball sailed over the bar, but occasionally it would cost us a goal. It's not so much being beaten to the ball, that happens to everyone from time to time, it's not even trying to get involved & put in a challenge which is unacceptable.

Wouldn't surprise me if he is already out the door & we have an agreement with a team for him to leave. Maybe even in Jan.

Good post Nev,especially regarding Boyata.

I suspect we had that agreement in the summer.....which is another reason he is receiving the cold shoulder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.