Matthew Syed Hits Out At Roman Abramovich

He's very bold in accusing Abramovich of accumulating his wealth with "stolen money". If he's not careful he'll end up sleeping with the fishes with his bollocks in his mouth.

laserblue said:
He's very bold in accusing Abramovich of accumulating his wealth with "stolen money". If he's not careful he'll end up sleeping with the fishes with his bollocks in his mouth.
I wouldn't say he is bold, he is just stating the truth.

SWP's back said:
laserblue said:
I don't think he's intimating its false, just that its brave to speak unpalatable truths of the likes of Abromovich

SWP's back said:
laserblue said:

I agree but my point is that accusing a ruthless Russian oligarch of criminal activity on TV might be a health hazard.

laserblue said:
SWP's back said:
laserblue said:

I agree but my point is that accusing a ruthless Russian oligarch of criminal activity on TV might be a health hazard.
Tsk tsk, are you insinuating that Roman can be nasty?

If anything it makes him safer, he has outright said it on national TV if he turns up dead or has a nasty accident u know whose gonna be in the frame for it lol

Why is no-one commenting on what this idiot said about Sheikh Mansour? What a steaming pile of turd. Sheikh Mansour bought City to protect himself from the fallout of a war between Iran and Israel? That is an unimaginably stupid statement.

1. Firstly, no-one needs protection from Iran anyway. Iran has not invaded anyone in hundreds of years. If it's the nuclear threat, there's no protection possible. A missile-launched nuke from Iran could hit Abu Dhabi in thirty seconds.

2. Secondly, it's bizarre to talk of fallout anyway as if they'd just happen to be affected by events that have nothing to do with them, because the UAE are one of the nations pushing (or have in the recent past pushed) for an attack on Iran, as revealed by the Wikileaks embassy cables. Moreover, they're going to the US for that, NOT Britain. If a conflict did happen (which is thankfully far less likely now Ahmadinejad has gone), and the UAE had to defend itself, it is armed with plenty of the most modern western equipment, as is Saudi Arabia, indeed more so, who likewise would respond in full-force to highly unlikely Iranian conventional aggression.

3. Thirdly, if they did want British protection they'd already have it. The UAE buys billions in British-manufactured arms on a regular basis. You think the British establishment aren't going to be more protective of billions of pounds of arms deals (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.caat.org.uk/resources/export-licences/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.caat.org.uk/resources/export-licences/</a>) and tens of thousands of British jobs, than a football club? Really?

What an utter moron. Wrong on every single possible count. I can only presume that to be a journalist you are required either to be ignorant, or a liar, because knowledgeable truthfulness is not something I associate with any publication bar Private Eye.

Skashion said:
Why is no-one commenting on what this idiot said about Sheikh Mansour? What a steaming pile of turd. Sheikh Mansour bought City to protect himself from the fallout of a war between Iran and Israel? That is an unimaginably stupid statement.

1. Firstly, no-one needs protection from Iran anyway. Iran has not invaded anyone in hundreds of years. If it's the nuclear threat, there's no protection possible. A missile-launched nuke from Iran could hit Abu Dhabi in thirty seconds.

2. Secondly, it's bizarre to talk of fallout anyway as if they'd just happen to be affected by events that have nothing to do with them, because the UAE are one of the nations pushing (or have in the recent past pushed) for an attack on Iran, as revealed by the Wikileaks embassy cables. Moreover, they're going to the US for that, NOT Britain. If a conflict did happen (which is thankfully far less likely now Ahmadinejad has gone), and the UAE had to defend itself, it is armed with plenty of the most modern western equipment, as is Saudi Arabia, indeed more so, who likewise would respond in full-force to highly unlikely Iranian conventional aggression.

3. Thirdly, if they did want British protection they'd already have it. The UAE buys billions in British-manufactured arms on a regular basis. You think the British establishment aren't going to be more protective of billions of pounds of arms deals (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.caat.org.uk/resources/export-licences/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.caat.org.uk/resources/export-licences/</a>) and tens of thousands of British jobs, than a football club? Really?

What an utter moron. Wrong on every single possible count. I can only presume that to be a journalist you are required either to be ignorant, or a liar, because knowledgeable truthfulness is not something I associate with any publication bar Private Eye.
Great post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.