Matthew Syed Hits Out At Roman Abramovich

Skashion said:
Uwe's Stinky Trainers said:
Although what you've written is right. You're being passive towards the logic.

Point 3 - Although true, would and will not provide serious impetus to social and therefore democratic support in the west. In fact it would be completely overlooked by media outlets in the event of conflict. Building an association with a sports brand however...

Not that I agree with what Syed stated (I feel it assumes a little too much and borders on being conspiratorial).
You think I'm being passive to logic when you think wars are fought on the basis of 'democratic' rancour? Can you tell me the last time a British government went to war because the people demanded it?

I don't think wars are fought on the basis of democratic rancour. Read what I wrote again.

In the event of atrocity, war, corruption, etc, people (in the majority) naturally react, they absorb the information that is put in front of them.

Therefore I am saying I support the logic behind what Matthew Syed is saying. What motivates the purchase and development of western brands in the middle east can, logically, be attributed to political security. Why? Being affiliated with these brands can gain empathy from the inhabitants of the countries in which they operate... It's arguable how much but having a positive preconception of something or someone will force you to react differently to when its/their image is questioned.

I therefore support that logic. I don't support it as fact but as logic I feel it is entirely credible.

That Syed chap works for the Times ? hmmm owned by Murdoch, he takes the filthy tainted dollar off of one the worlds biggest crooked wrong uns'
Did your paymaster once try to buy the other dark empire ?

Syed , Alpha particles inside your body are not very nice, and be careful of umbrella's whilst queuing anywhere ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.