Matthew Syed Hits Out At Roman Abramovich

Not sure if this has been posted yet but yesterday on Sky news they dedicated the day to Roman Abramovich's 10 year anniversary of buying as Chelski .
Jurno and former British Olympian (tabletennis) Matthew Syed was brought in to discuss Roman's Reign with Tony Cascarino playing the part of the dopey ex Chelsea pro who thought he was there just to discuss how great Chelsea are .
I dont agree with everything Syed say's ,I feel he is reaching when saying that City and PSG owners are buying well known club's as some sort of financial protection in the West?? should there be a war between Iran and Israel?? I would agree that the Arab owners are buying clubs not to make a profit and not just for the love of football .
He's totally of the mark about Man U ,failing to mention the corrupt ways they came about their wealth ,and the success they only achieved after the formation of the premier league and the uneven distribution of tv money .
But it was refreshing to here someone standing up on skysports and calling Abramovich a crook and that sometimes even football fans should look beyond football .
Kirsty Gallagher tried to drag the conversation back to what they thought he'd discuss, ie . Is Roman good for the Premier league and English football in general ,its hilarious to see Cascarino and Jim Whites tiny little minds blown live on sky .thoughts??

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/GmCtci6cen8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/GmCtci6cen8</a>

Couldn't watch this anymore after he had finished masturbating about the Rags legacy and how they rose from the ashes of Munich.

Sorry Matthew that Chelsea and City spoilt the top 4 party, deal with it instead of pushing your racist views upon the simple minded sky viewing folk.

I heard David Conn on Talkshite this morning slating Roman - and he also disagreed with our rise to riches - as per his book - whilst recognising the calibre of our top management team. David made some good points about the success of the Top German teams and their increased fan involvement and ownership and didn't mention FC United once.

I agree with syeds thoughts on Abramovich. I've often thought how amazing it is that a few unscrupulous people managed to systematically rob and rape a massive super power such as the USSR of it's mineral wealth while the general populus live in misery and poverty! We're not talking zimbabwe or North Korea here but a super power. I don't think our firm can be accused of such abuses though. It seems to me the sheik simply wants to lift the profile of Abu Dhabi to increase tourism and investment in his country and therefore safeguard the future of it's people when the oil runs out. I think there's a clear difference between the two characters!!

The guy is clearly intelligent but the accusations he has made against the chelsea owner are unfounded in that strictly speaking none of us have heard an interview from Abramovitch and he is a secretive ( private) person but he comes across a bitter and you could see that pretty much from the way he embellishes everything United are as a club but funny how he doesn't mention anything about their owners?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.