Matthew Syed Hits Out At Roman Abramovich

George Hannah said:
carlosthejackal said:
Who the fuck is he ?
Matthew Snide is a wiff waffing Gooner.

Perhaps he has something to say about how Arsenal bribed their way into the Top Flight of English Football when the League resumed after World War One?

They remain the only club in the history of English Football who never earned their place in the Top Flight on merit.

Blueroses said:
The guy is clearly intelligent but the accusations he has made against the chelsea owner are unfounded in that strictly speaking none of us have heard an interview from Abramovitch and he is a secretive ( private) person but he comes across a bitter and you could see that pretty much from the way he embellishes everything United are as a club but funny how he doesn't mention anything about their owners?

He's nothing special and a rag lacky. The Glaziers are clearly crooks and owners of classic money laundering businesses, their accounts, holdings and debt are mystery to every financial institution on the face of the planet

The thread on this topic at ragcafe is comedy gold.

Everyone in this thread is saying things like
"Bravo Matthew"
"Matthew Syed is a top rate journo and my role model"
"Matthew Syed always makes the right noise."

and then somebody posted link to an old thread when Matthew Syed had criticised Ferguson.
That old thread has posts by the same people saying

"I feel for you Brits, your journo's are twisted, bias cunts who put opinion before common sense."
"Matthew Syed is a dick with a vendetta against Ferguson and now he is being recognised for it."
"Matthew Syed=Piers Morgan's colostomy bag"
"Journalists like this twat make controversial comments about our manager club and players because we are the biggest club in the world with the best players and manager hence it gives this nobody the maximum publicity for his shit stories.Less said about these stories the better"
"Matthew Syed is the Richard Littlejohn of sports journalism. i.e. a pompous, inaccurate, biased, clichéd, loudmouth attention seeking berk."

I'd think anyone who becomes "wealthy" has to have some dirt on their hands. Roman's problem is he's not English. I wonder how much Joe Lewis has more or less stolen since relocating he and his businesses overseas. If Starbucks legally avoids paying tax they get vilified and bullied into cutting a check , yet don't hear much about him.

Basically what I'm getting out of this is its ok to make your money selling rotten meat to schoolchildren in your own country, but getting a hook up to sell natural resources is evil. Guess that can be romanticised where as if they start painting rich foreigners as evil dictators now maybe it'll stick.

Or how thw messiah of the game, lionel messi was accused of dodging taces to the tune of 5 million euros. He eventually settled and paid around 15 million euros to make the cases go away I think.

But he is not an acceptable target so mr syed will rather talk abt chelsea, city or psg.

Tom H Conwy exile said:
I agree with syeds thoughts on Abramovich. I've often thought how amazing it is that a few unscrupulous people managed to systematically rob and rape a massive super power such as the USSR of it's mineral wealth while the general populus live in misery and poverty! We're not talking zimbabwe or North Korea here but a super power. I don't think our firm can be accused of such abuses though. It seems to me the sheik simply wants to lift the profile of Abu Dhabi to increase tourism and investment in his country and therefore safeguard the future of it's people when the oil runs out. I think there's a clear difference between the two characters!!
The USSR was far from a super power when it collapsed and the capitalist minded people like Abramovich saw a way to make money

I've had the opportunity to watch that video now and I'm actually having difficulty typing this post through the bountiful tears of romance being spilled on my keyboard thinking about the phoenix that is united and their virtuous rise to prominence.

Wild-grey-squirrel-onto-i-001.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.