Matthijs de Ligt

Eric Garcia ahead of Van Dijk ffs this forum stoops to rival forum dribble levels at times. One of the worst takes I have ever seen.

Van Dijk will be 2nd in the Ballon D'Or at least and considering Messi got 6th last year, don't be at all surprised if he wins. He most certainly deserves top 3. Does he deserve to win, no not while Messi is still an active player, but the Ballon D'Or has lost its credibility years ago so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he wins comfortably.

Van Dijk is an absolute monster of a player, he instantly became a leader at Liverpool and more than Allison, Salsh-Mane-Firmino is the main reason they came within one point of us this year and why the won the CL. It wasn't Divock Origi, or TAA or Winajldum or Mane or Salah, it was VVD that won them that CL.

I wouldn't swap Laporte for him as Laporte is so unique as a defender and a perfect fit but VVD is the most dominant CB since probably Cannavaro.

Anyway OT. But speaking of OT, this transfer window has already driven me demented and it hasn't even gotten out of first gear. Seems like every club is waiting to make the first move.

That's over the top.

LFC got to the CL final last season without him

LFC's biggest strength is still the front 3 and the fullbacks.

There's a narrative out there that says LFC were shit at the back until VVD joined. It's not true. They had largely fixed the defence before he joined. He improved it, as did Alisson, but after conceding 16 in the opening 9 games they conceded just 6 in the next 12 before facing us.

Think I've been dupped by the media to believing vvd is the worlds best defender! Dont get me wrong he is a fantastic defender that liverpool wouldnt of finished second without him, but if you look up Kompany’s stats in the 2011/12 season every stat vvd falls way behind kompany and guess what no hype by the media for kompany that season unlike Liverpool bias media driven over vvd.

Dunno. For about 4 years before his injuries really took over many thought he was the best CB in the world, including Carragher

So we miss out on an unbelievable talent every time he represents one?
If he asks for 15m, and wants to be a pain in the arse while De Ligt is playing for us, constantly asking for better wages and asking for a move to another club in a couple years, so Raiola can earn more money, then yeah.

Fair point but between these two clubs, clear which is which

I know, it was in jest.

This transfer is rather similar to that of de Jong. Lots of noise, lots of ‘could he go here, could he go there’, but ultimately he went where everyone thought he’d go in the first place, and the agent probably did jolly well from it, too.. The de Jong thread made 207 pages, so by that standard Barcelona should be unveiling him fairly soon. ;-)

Really can’t understand why we aren’t in for him!?
He's made it pretty clear he wants to go to Barca, Barca refuse to sign off on Raiola's demands (at least until they can bin off a few players) and now the rags are involved because they probably aren't too fussed about paying what needs to be but De Ligt doesn't want to go there.

We aren't going to get in a bidding war for a non priority position, excited for next season when the next great CB is unearthed and everyone is clambering over him for a world record fee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.