Matthijs de Ligt

His agent is mentioned is due to the fact , that if he signs - will ask for a move within 3-4 years. If he performs well and as expected - he would deserve a price rise as well.

Agent fees are Standard , and everyone pays it including city .

Regardless of who his agent is I think once in a while we need to get one of the stars or upcoming stars. We always deem them so expensive especially when agent fees are involved but the investment is for minimum 6 years+....Examples of us not paying for the likes of hazard, sanchez (1st time round) etc because of fee when looking back the return would of been great especially in hazards case. Noone cares about the fee after a season if the player is performing great.
Exactly, you don't hear many criticise Real's spending do you, if they sign Hazard that will be 230m spent already at the start of June. We are still very fearful over ffp as a club, pay 90m for De Ligt and hopefully his value will have doubled in five or six years time. Time for us to stop this, ' he's out of our price range', because players certainly aren't.

We need to replace VK’s aggression and physicality at CB especially if Otta goes as well. This lad has this in spades but looks as good a footballer as Laporte. He looks ideal for us.

I thought he was Barcelona bound?
He could well be? They are still favourites, but Liverpool are now second favourites. You never know with Raiola? Pogba was persuaded to join the Rags. I expect VVD and Wijnaldom to try and persuade De Ligt to join Liverpool, while on international duty. Liverpool have proved they will splash the cash on big signings. We don't seem interested at all.

We need to replace VK’s aggression and physicality at CB especially if Otta goes as well. This lad has this in spades but looks as good a footballer as Laporte. He looks ideal for us.
Agree with this, Most important bit you mentioned is the aggression and how we get a centre back with that aggression Vinny had...Stones is too nice for a centre back, Don't get me wrong I love watching him playing out from the back and having the swagger to do so, But he gets on my nerves defensively sometimes with half hearted tackles or sometimes not tackling at all, I'd love to see him put somebody in row Z for a change. De Ligt looks like he ticks all the boxes and with his age he can only get better especially under Pep.

Opts for the pay check.
Is he getting paid in washers at Barca.

Raiola currently

giphy.gif

Exactly, you don't hear many criticise Real's spending do you, if they sign Hazard that will be 230m spent already at the start of June. We are still very fearful over ffp as a club, pay 90m for De Ligt and hopefully his value will have doubled in five or six years time. Time for us to stop this, ' he's out of our price range', because players certainly aren't.

Wages are key and if Mino wants to secure maximum guaranteed figures for his client then I can't see that happening at City. It would shatter the balance.

Van Dijk is already the best around at the moment. Having a player alongside with the potential to be even better, and then Robertson the best LB around at the moment on current form. Trent also one of the best attacking full backs with a record breaking amount of assists for a RB. Name me a better defence? There isn't one, and they would be all very young too.

To be honest I would rather have Laporte than VanDickhead...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.