Matthijs de Ligt

All these players ruining their holidays thinking about their future.

They should decide before they go. Like Bernardo did. Nice and early get the business done and then enjoy the well deserved break.

Seriously I wish the transfer window was open for just the first 2 weeks of June. Let all the clubs, players and agents go to a conference center and hash it out, Mon-Fri. Then the following Mon-Fri to tie up paperwork and medical. Done.

That said imagine the lavish afterparties and the insurance/security costs of having that many vips in one place for a week.

Lol it's been said he'll make his decision on Tuesday and that his price tag was a fixed €60-70m max. Be it Barça, Juve or whoever. Nothing to any new update as of now, he's more or less had an agreement with most clubs who've shown interest just like Frenkie had with us.

Lol it's been said he'll make his decision on Tuesday and that his price tag was a fixed €60-70m max. Be it Barça, Juve or whoever. Nothing to any new update as of now, he's more or less had an agreement with most clubs who've shown interest just like Frenkie had with us.

I know we will be most likely signing Harry Maguire...and yes I get the argument that despite similar transfer fees , Maguire will be cheaper overall due to wages ....I still hope we have given us a chance to sign him

I know we will be most likely signing Harry Maguire...and yes I get the argument that despite similar transfer fees , Maguire will be cheaper overall due to wages ....I still hope we have given us a chance to sign him

Mate I don't get what's the correlation of Maguire's value with De Ligt that everyone's on about honestly. The reality is:

Maguire is someone Leicester value very highly, and see him as part of their future going in to next season with Rodgers. Hence, they price him at the suggested £80-90m, so that he's out of reach for most clubs, and also because anyone paying that sum for him will be a fool. It's not like its his true market value, and honestly, I don't think we'll take him at that price either.

De Ligt, on the other hand, always had a fixed price and was always up for sale. Entirely different scenarios and people seem to be judging one going for £60m odd while Maguire going for £90m. It's quite bizarre to make that comparison imo.

Players deemed not for sale will always represent an absurd price tag. That being said, honestly I'm not fussed about this. The lad clearly thinks a lot of himself and at 19 will be one of the highest wage earners in world football. In hindsight it's better we were never in for him, our club culture would never accept someone like that, regardless of how good he is or will be.

(Sorry for a long text)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.