may 7 2000

bakerdave76

2000 City return to the Premiership following back-to-back promotions. A 4-1 victory over Blackburn at Ewood Park to seal promotion is followed by a celebratory pitch invasion by the Blues’ enormous travelling support.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmTRt52pWsY[/youtube]

Ten years ago, fook me that's flown by. Top day that. Had been on a bit of a drought on the old beaver action, but that got put right on the Saturday night at the Conti Club in town. Woke up, carried on boozing and watched the Blues do the business. Got dropped off in town and the bouncers in Yates' had just given up. Blues were all over it, dancing on the bar, the tables, everywhere. No trouble though, all well behaved. Ended up sleeping on the bus and waking up in fucking Oldham! Ah the memories.

Has to be the most freakiest of matches I have ever seen City play!<br /><br />-- Fri May 07, 2010 10:07 am --<br /><br />
Pigeonho said:
Ten years ago, fook me that's flown by. Top day that. Had been on a bit of a drought on the old beaver action, but that got put right on the Saturday night at the Conti Club in town. Woke up, carried on boozing and watched the Blues do the business. Got dropped off in town and the bouncers in Yates' had just given up. Blues were all over it, dancing on the bar, the tables, everywhere. No trouble though, all well behaved. Ended up sleeping on the bus and waking up in fucking Oldham! Ah the memories.

Waking up in Oldham!...... all good things come to an end at some point!

Ticket For Schalke said:
How many did we actually take that day?

Bringing Dickov on, inspirational Joe, inspirational.

Thousands, i'd say about 10k. They were sat on the hill too and that biased twat Brazil tried sucking up to us on the commentary, (he used to work for Sky), by saying 'and congratulations to those sat on the hill up there', even though his daily routine would be to slag us off at every opportunity.

I remember that game so well. Even that night when I was a walking vegetable, describing Kennedy's goal to anyone who could tolerate a drunken slob boring them to tears.
The emotions I felt by the final whistle were just overpowering.

I was on the hill, where some bloke had brought a crate of beer, and was sharing it out. We could only see the one penalty area, and spent most of the time listening to the radio. We finally got in with ten minutes to go, replacing the Blackburn fans who were leaving in their thousands. Top day.

10k????
Id say double that at least. We had the entire away end (about 6k its self) and about half of the "home end". Plus them on the hill.
What a day that was, everytime blackburn hit the post and cross bar i got less and less hair, and that that stopped on me head got greyer and greyer.
Only 2 words to say..... typical City (never making things easy since 1880)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.