May and the missile

The test missile should have headed SE into the Atlantic Ocean.

Instead apparently it headed off towards the US mainland 200 miles away before being destroyed.

It was no failure

It was May telling Trump not to fuck with us!

I'm not trying to make any capital out of it.
There was a failure in the test and yet this was not disclosed before the vote on Trident renewal.
Without going into the bullshit it's a 'secrecy vs transparency' issue and given all the circumstances of this test I'm in favour of the latter.
I don't give a fcuk about the opposition in this matter.
It has a 99% success rate. What would you replace it with?

Do you not agree with this:

"Julian Lewis, the Tory chair of the defence committee, called for somebody to be sacked over the controversy.

Lewis told broadcasters: “This sort of event is not one you can play both ways. These tests are routine but infrequent in this country. Whenever they work, which is 99% of the time, film is released of them working, so whichever person decided they wanted to draw a veil over one that didn’t work should have been sacked. You have always got to assume that something like this will come out.”

He added: “This test went wrong in June when it was a question of David Cameron and his team being at No 10. They evidently decided to cover this matter up.

“The only way she could have disclosed this matter would have been to point the finger of accusation against her predecessor for covering it up. So a tricky situation, but on the whole I think if she did know – which she probably did – she should have spoken up.”

-------

i.e. It wasn't her decision to cover it up and once she was told she was left with choice of saying nothing or immediately accusing Cameron of covering it up.

she didn't fess up what she knew when asked then number 10 had to have it dragged out of them that's what I am saying. It just doesn't help Mrs Mayday in future dealings with the press in the tough negs ahead - fuck Cameron she should have done what's best for her - its not like did her or his party many anyway.

Either the Russians have hacked into the system,

or it's the CIA... the bastards
was Trump at his Florida property last summer ? ;-)

The second that she avoided answering the question put to her it was pretty obvious that she was in the shit.

And they wonder why we don't trust politicians any more.

Don't really understand all the fuss. I'd rather she came out and told us that it's definitely safe to eat burnt toast, and twice cooked chips.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.