Maybe a crazy idea but.... Zinchenko as DM

Holding midfielders ordeep lying playmakers come in many shapes and sizes, to think the only person who can play that role must be tall, athletic, stocky etc is archaic an opinion, as I said maybe a crazy idea, but Pep has had crazier

Last edited:
Listen, Pep wanted to make Neuer a midfielder at Bayern.

But this is a terrible idea

Who is this Zivchenko of whom you speak, and how much does he cost?

And, no. He’s not good enough for the position we play him, let alone one of the most important positions in the team, esp compared to the best one in the world, whom we already have!

Holding midfielders ordeep lying aymakers come in many shapes and sizes, to think the only person who can play that role must be tall, athletic, stocky etc is archaic an opinion, as I said maybe a crazy idea, but Pep has had crazier
I always thought that Sven should have solved the Gerrard and Lampard thing by having Gerrard as deep lying playmaker. He could certainly tackle. Instead we got Scholes playing out of position which caused him to give it up.

I always thought that Sven should have solved the Gerrard and Lampard thing by having Gerrard as deep lying playmaker. He could certainly tackle. Instead we got Scholes playing out of position which caused him to give it up.
Correct, they moved Scholes to accommodate Lampard & Gerrard when Scholes was arguably the best player of the three - but we digress.
What is this need to shoehorn Zinchenko into into the side in any position anyway, we tried to change him into a left back and that has had mixed results especially against the better teams?

And, no. He’s not good enough for the position we play him, let alone one of the most important positions in the team, esp compared to the best one in the world, whom we already have!

Would be interesting to go back in time and see what posters opinions of Fernandinho as defensive mid was when 1st started. The general opinion would probably be - useless, too slow and not fit to lace DeJong's boots.

He has done quite well in that LB posisiton and who said as a direct replacement for rodders? We need a back up DLP/HM/DM why spunk unecessary money if (and only if) Pep thought he could mould thr lad into one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.