Maybe a crazy idea but.... Zinchenko as DM

Always prefer a bigger player in CM, Rodri a perfect example, makes a huge difference, especially defending set pieces.

We have a team of midgets as it is, Haaland will help enormously in that regard next season.
Pre-Rodri…teams would play aerial balls to a striker who’d drop between the lines & cause chaos, set pieces at both ends where awful, I think Pep & his staff have evolved this area incredibly & would look to build on that, like you say Haaland will be brilliant defending the front post

"Too small"??

*Kante sits down miffed*
Kante is small in stature, but he is most definitely strong, naturally athletic and has a great engine, all the things Alex’s isn’t.
I always thought that Sven should have solved the Gerrard and Lampard thing by having Gerrard as deep lying playmaker. He could certainly tackle. Instead we got Scholes playing out of position which caused him to give it up.
I’ve always said, that midfield three vastly under achieved, England should have done far better with them, world class players in what they did.

Not such a crazy idea. Got the touch and vision!
He needs to bulk a bit of muscle first and toughen up though. Brian Clough reputedly once had Forest players running through nettles bollock naked in training. There's plenty of nettles down Clayton Vale to toughen Zinchenko up: )

He’s a tidy player lucky to have found a role at City the fact that he doesn’t play a lot of games and it’s out of position says it all about him

With rumours we are definately getting a left back at last, would it be amad as a box of frogs suggestion that Pep could mould Zivchenko, who defensively is quite adept and has a range of passing into ferdys replacement?

Yes he is predonimately left sided, but plays centraly many a time during a game.when cutting in.

Just a thought as he plays midfield for Ukraine and Pep has form for this before with Lahm
I think it’s a good idea. He’s good on the ball, picks out a pass nicely, full of energy, he’s certainly quicker than most of our DMs over the last decade. He likes a tackle too. Only thing that would worry me is the question of if he’s good enough receiving the ball in tight spaces with his right foot.

Worth a try though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.