Maybe a crazy idea but.... Zinchenko as DM

It is not a crazy idea..it is an idea..the whole forum is just full of thoughts and ideas and we all have different perspectives..as for Zin DM ?? My thought it would take him too long to be competent in that role..City have enough resources to get a quicker solution to Fern and/or Gundog leaving. In my mind a ready made replacement is needed who will still need a season to bed in. Zin in my eyes is not that man.

Last edited:
I think he takes too many risks with his defensive passing to be a DM.

Strangely though he becomes a lot more conservative with his passing when he's attacking.

Has Kante ever played the 6 role in a midfield 3?
Not sure what your point is but think he has quite a few times, just read many have always believed that would be his best position, but even so, don’t think Fern was ever considered a ‘no6’ until he came to us, but they possess very much the same characteristics, ie fast, agile, athletic, strong, read the game well, cover the ground well, my only issue with Kante would be his passing ability (in comparison to Rodri, Fern).

Of course there is,Zinny gives his all,but Philips has far more about him in terms of putting it about.

Yeah,technically,Zinny edges it....bit thats not what we are talking.
If we are asking for more presence then there are better options Phillips. The only postitve he is cheaper than Tchoumeni

Tendency to switch off and not be aware of potential dangers. Not slagging the lad off, i really think i have seen the best Zinny ever over the last few weeks and i had been wrong all along...You are it seems only as strong as your weakest link

Would be interesting to go back in time and see what posters opinions of Fernandinho as defensive mid was when 1st started. The general opinion would probably be - useless, too slow and not fit to lace DeJong's boots.

This!

I can't understand how some fans think! The DM role is about understanding the oppo strategy and being pre-emptive, not just being a "destroyer".

Zin is a midfielder and has been at City for YEARS. He will know the role and what is needed. As a matter of having a player under our roof that can mesh the mid together for half a season; why not?

Pep has done this plenty of times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.