Mayweather vs. Canelo Thread

Manchester1894 said:
argyle said:
Anyone giving Alverez a chance? Anyone think a Mayweather KO possible? Or will it be another defensive masterclass decision?

There's always a chance for "Canelo" in this fight. A few pundits point towards Mayweather's age and more importantly fragile hands. In Floyd's last fight he really hurt his right hand early on and couldn't go for any kind of KO due to the injury. One pundit says the large head of Canelo cannot help and even suggested he make Floyd try and "slap" the punches in to aggravate/put stress on the hand as oppose to letting him continually land straight shots. In training Floyd's had ice on them after heavy sparring sessions suggesting in the latter part of his career he might be fighting through a bit of a pain barrier I suspect most fighters do this though. Hatton had to have his arms manipulated between fights as they were starting to bend?! Mayweather is getting easier to hit. Mosley and more worringly Guerrero landed good shots. It may be that Saul's aggressive style, naturally bigger man, and a solid chin can get him in close. Hatton tried and was brave but Saul is thought to be more intelligent and the only comparable fight we can match Canelo/Money against are their respective fights against Sugar Shane Mosley.

It's a tough call though. Mayweather is almost impossible to outbox. He CAN take a shot. Any touchdowns in his career are simply off-balance falls. If you try and gas Mayweather he's intelligent enough to return body shots with interest.

I see Floyd winning on points.

Canelo's only chance in my eye's is to jump on him early and go for KO in the first 3 rounds. He has to box PERFECTLY for that to happen.

Agreed I see Floyd winning on points.

I have to admit I haven't seen much of Canelo, so what is his cardio like seen as he'll be the bigger man in this fight? If he goes hard in the first 3 rounds and it doesn't work might he gas?

argyle said:
Manchester1894 said:
argyle said:
Anyone giving Alverez a chance? Anyone think a Mayweather KO possible? Or will it be another defensive masterclass decision?

There's always a chance for "Canelo" in this fight. A few pundits point towards Mayweather's age and more importantly fragile hands. In Floyd's last fight he really hurt his right hand early on and couldn't go for any kind of KO due to the injury. One pundit says the large head of Canelo cannot help and even suggested he make Floyd try and "slap" the punches in to aggravate/put stress on the hand as oppose to letting him continually land straight shots. In training Floyd's had ice on them after heavy sparring sessions suggesting in the latter part of his career he might be fighting through a bit of a pain barrier I suspect most fighters do this though. Hatton had to have his arms manipulated between fights as they were starting to bend?! Mayweather is getting easier to hit. Mosley and more worringly Guerrero landed good shots. It may be that Saul's aggressive style, naturally bigger man, and a solid chin can get him in close. Hatton tried and was brave but Saul is thought to be more intelligent and the only comparable fight we can match Canelo/Money against are their respective fights against Sugar Shane Mosley.

It's a tough call though. Mayweather is almost impossible to outbox. He CAN take a shot. Any touchdowns in his career are simply off-balance falls. If you try and gas Mayweather he's intelligent enough to return body shots with interest.

I see Floyd winning on points.

Canelo's only chance in my eye's is to jump on him early and go for KO in the first 3 rounds. He has to box PERFECTLY for that to happen.

Agreed I see Floyd winning on points.

I have to admit I haven't seen much of Canelo, so what is his cardio like seen as he'll be the bigger man in this fight? If he goes hard in the first 3 rounds and it doesn't work might he gas?
Ive seen quite a few of his fights and whilst ive been impressed with him especially when he burst on the scene,i feel this is just a step to far hes struggled as the quality of fighter has improved,but he deserves his chance,but unless his stamina has vastly improved and he can swarm round mayweather constantly then i can only see one winner unfortunately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.