McAtee & Delap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Widely recognised as one of the best young players in the world. Time will tell wether he will
Push on from here but he got it spot on imo.
I love Phil he is a fantastic player, the only weakness I can see at the moment is he doesn’t get on the ball and dictate enough but that should come with experience and getting longer runs in the team.

If he had played a tad more he may well be further along by now or exactly the same. There is no way he wasn’t making it he is just too good. Like I said impossible to say if he got it spot on, it’s just a cliche often spouted. Good footballer plays good football shocker.

We have no idea if he got Foden’s development spot on and never will.

If player development is that easy, just throw those youth player in senior match. There will be more quality player than we have right now, if every fans expectation of that youth player is met in every club.

The championship is a much better league then spl, with difficult fixtures every game and most of the teams are playing for something be it avoiding the drop or sneaking into the playoffs. I honestly don't believe either rangers or celtic with all their resources would get promoted out of that division
With Scottish refs they would be 1st and 2nd

Looks like no loans for them. Wonder what game time they get here between now and end of season in the first team.

Looks like no loans for them. Wonder what game time they get here between now and end of season in the first team.

ONE sometimes sees development as “first team appearances.” I don’t think it is!

REAL development is being a considerably better, smarter, more complete player at the end of the season. For me, at City, that comes from training with Pep and the first team squad, getting exposure to first team game days, and getting on the field a time or two….and growing Pep’s trust!

Yes, they might play more at Stoke, but immersion at City is what the players need, until City decide the player needs to develop elsewhere…which is usually their make or break season. They either show their development or City decide to release them and pick up a few million quid to cover their cost plus.

I hope they both take their opportunities over the next 18 mos as they could save us £100M if they turn into first team quality players.

Delap never was getting loaned out given the first half of the season for him, I'm guessing McAtee is happy with whatever talks went on. Hopefully we'll announce his new contract shortly which should put to bed any concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.