McAtee & Delap

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only have ourselves to blame. He played 20 mins or so against Swindon in the FA Cup. I would imagine that really pissed him off. Perfect game to give him 90 minutes.

That one I can understand a bit, Pep wanted it won before bringing anyone on. Out of the carabao, the FA cup is important.

We had a meaningless game against liepzig though, where we played a full strength team (and still lost), didn't even bring on any of the youth players in any meaningful capacity.

I think many on here have an idealistic view on development with certain players. I trust in Pep to blood when he feels that they are ready, it worked for Foden, and this season with Palmer. McAtee is definitely a talent, but Pep must see that something is not quite there, and we have greats in a similar position, which will all be factored in. Didn't he also get COVID, and maybe the contract stand-off is also not helping his potential loan deal.

We cannot jeopardise our results just to play the youngsters, especially as we didn't advance in the Carabao as far as we usually do, which is often the stage where the youngsters play.

In an ideal world, McAtee would sign an extension and go out on loan. I can see why he would hesitate though. With a year and a half left, that happens to coincide with Pep's last year and a half.

Bit from Wales Online about Swansea’s interest in McAtee and Wilson-Esbrand and a bit that raised an eyebrow. Wonder if we are looking for anything?

‘The Swans have long been admirers of attacker McAtee and have held talks with the 19-year-old's representatives over a potential deal until the end of the 2021/22 season. They also enquired about left-back Wilson-Esbrand prior to the window. However, a recruitment source has told WalesOnline that the reigning Premier League champions are now likely to keep both McAtee and Wilson-Esbrand in their first team squad for the remainder of the campaign - providing that they do not further strengthen their squad imminently.’

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/double-man-city-updates-emerge-22902304
Just covering all bases maybe? Finlay Burns is supposedly going on loan to Swansea btw.

That one I can understand a bit, Pep wanted it won before bringing anyone on. Out of the carabao, the FA cup is important.

We had a meaningless game against liepzig though, where we played a full strength team (and still lost), didn't even bring on any of the youth players in any meaningful capacity.

We were 2-0 up at HT. at least give the lad 45 minutes. If he is as good as we think he is the we still should have comfortably won that game with him playing 45 mins. All very frustrating. You see Klopp playing a 17 year old away from home in a semi final against Arsenal. We all love Pep and he got Foden’s development spot on but I get why some of these kids will want to move on.

The championship is a much better league then spl, with difficult fixtures every game and most of the teams are playing for something be it avoiding the drop or sneaking into the playoffs. I honestly don't believe either rangers or celtic with all their resources would get promoted out of that division
Any league where u have to play another team x4 in a season is a joke

We were 2-0 up at HT. at least give the lad 45 minutes. If he is as good as we think he is the we still should have comfortably won that game with him playing 45 mins. All very frustrating. You see Klopp playing a 17 year old away from home in a semi final against Arsenal. We all love Pep and he got Foden’s development spot on but I get why some of these kids will want to move on.
We have no idea if he got Foden’s development spot on and never will.

#ManCity are now likely to keep both James McAtee and Joshua Wilson-Esbrand in their first team squad for the remainder of the season.

[@IanMitchelmore/@WalesOnline]

We have no idea if he got Foden’s development spot on and never will.

Widely recognised as one of the best young players in the world. Time will tell wether he will
Push on from here but he got it spot on imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.