McDonalds struggling

I've seen Americans complain about the price of food at McDonalds for a while now, saying it isn't an affordable destination anymore. I can't remember the exact prices I've heard quoted, but it's considerably more expensive than in the UK. Something like £10 just for a burger if my memory serves me well.

I've not eaten one of their meals for a few years now. I always found their offerings to be in the 'not shit' section of food availability. OK nosh, nothing more and nothing less. They fulfilled an acceptably low level of expectation, but they were consitent in what they served.
$5.99 for a Big Mac (£4.61 at current exchange rates).

Airports can be more expensive.

I've seen Americans complain about the price of food at McDonalds for a while now, saying it isn't an affordable destination anymore. I can't remember the exact prices I've heard quoted, but it's considerably more expensive than in the UK. Something like £10 just for a burger if my memory serves me well.
When it comes to the price of food, Americans have been ridiculously isolated from the global reality for decades. Only now are they finally catching up with the rest of the world and they don’t like it.

When it comes to the price of food, Americans have been ridiculously isolated from the global reality for decades. Only now are they finally catching up with the rest of the world and they don’t like it.
Americans are used to “promotional pricing” and, due to the pandemic, companies have used inflationary pressures to raise prices.

Now, as things seem to have stabilized, even those promotional prices have been set higher than ever. Recently, the major burger chains have reinstated a $5 deal, but they’re not the famous/favorite deals of the past.

With one of the presidential candidates telling people how bad things are, it’s not helping with the perception of the MAGAts!

They're trying to open a new branch pretty much right outside my daughter's school, with the help of some very accommodating local councillors, so they can go to hell for all I care. Can't be doing that bad then can they if new branches are still appearing.

Apparently the excess litter, traffic, pollution and antisocial impact studies are all fine, the building is just outside the exclusion zone by a few feet so all good there, and the nation's obesity problem or the school's or kids actual concerns don't count. Money, money, money.

The shit they describe as food here is truly shocking. If it even looked like the advert it might be a bit more inviting instead of a burger in a bun in a box which looks like someone has stood on

12am munchies when getting off the night bus after a session or needing to line the stomach quickly if you finish work and are asked to meet for beer 15 mins after and need a quick nosebag en route

no other reason to visit one or eat the stuff

Last edited:
Fucking horrible shit (I've eaten their "food" twice in the last 35 years, out of no other choice than starve)

The coffee is lovely, though

12am munchies when getting off the night bus after a session or needing to line the stomach quickly if you finish work and are asked to meet for beer 15 mins after and need a quick nosebag en route

no other reason to visit one or eat the stuff
Not a bad lunch following a lie in with a hangover

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.