MCFC seek feedback and opinions from fans

I agree that the administration fee is nonsensical. The costs of setting up and updating something like this would be minimal.

The idea as a whole is not really for me, but each to their own.

Sorry. Nice idea and understand the sentiment, but organisation, risk, potential for errors / rags is too high. No thanks. The idea of retiring a supporter number though is a good one. That could be made to work and give respect to blues

Nice idea in practice but:-

On balance an administrative nightmare, and a bit mawkish (imo)

Still, each to their own............

Good idea and despite a number of obvious potential concerns such as those already mentioned, there is nothing that cannot be addressed if such an initiative is managed in the same professional way that the official site is managed for example. For me it should be a highly visual experience with a photo accompanying each entry (rather than it being purely text-based).

A question I'd have is as follows:

Would there be a limit as to when people were added to the book? I mean can you retrospectively put someone in who died some time ago? My granddad, for example, died in 1993, but he took me to my first City game, and then took me for years, before the tables were turned, he was older and I ended up taking him. I never did anything Citywise when he died but if there was the chance to put something in now, especially now he's looking down on much better times, I'd love to.

I agree with it fbloke. Over the years I used to see in the programmes RIP notices from loved ones (not sure if they still do, stopped buying programmes years back) - To some people being a City fan is the biggest part of their life, I'm sure we have all met a few?

Yes from me.

Franny Lee's Barrel Chest said:
A question I'd have is as follows:

Would there be a limit as to when people were added to the book? I mean can you retrospectively put someone in who died some time ago? My granddad, for example, died in 1993, but he took me to my first City game, and then took me for years, before the tables were turned, he was older and I ended up taking him. I never did anything Citywise when he died but if there was the chance to put something in now, especially now he's looking down on much better times, I'd love to.

I would hope that people would add their relatives from as far back as they have them.

We are part of the history of City and even if its not a unanimous view the chance to document that is something we should grasp.

Having also lost my dad recently I know he would have liked to be remembered by other Blues and more importantly to be remembered AS a Blue.

As for the cost/admin fee etc I dont know for certain if that is needed but as any website has to be funded I float that at the start of the process openly for all to discuss.

Not being an on line computor wizz kid i cant see the apeal ,but great to see City are listening to fans ideas ,if other people find in benificial well who am i to object

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.