MCFC Songs and Chants thread

Heard this song for first time when we were in a bar opposite the Hofbrauhaus in Munich for this seasons Champs game. Been a City fan since 1978 Id never heard it before. Made my giggle kind of like Whoopie Cushions still do!!
Mainly sung in the late 60s/early 70s.
As I already mentioned it was a radio programme, broadcast throughout the 1960s(on the Light Programme I think), that was on just after Pick of the Pops on Sunday evening at 7pm.
And the lyrics were suitably altered by football fans all over the country.

Mainly sung in the late 60s/early 70s.
As I already mentioned it was a radio programme, broadcast throughout the 1960s(on the Light Programme I think), that was on just after Pick of the Pops on Sunday evening at 7pm.
And the lyrics were suitably altered by football fans all over the country.
I thought it was “you simple twats”…. Early 70s

You were obviously sat in The Main Stand when you heard them sing twats, as they were far more genteel and urbane in that particular part of Maine Road and would never be so uncouth to use the word c*nts in public.
Was in Kippax until late 80s, then Maine Stand A Block

Not a song or a chant but no-one could ever match the Main Stand when it came to a rendition of the slow hand clap. I first attended Maine Road in 1958 and it occurred in that game. At my young age, I didn't know what it was and why it happened but it was spine tingling...

‘Kick em all, kick em all,
Come on you blues kick em all,
If you see any red shit, then fucking well boot it,
Come on you blues kick em all’
There’s a leak up in the ceiling
and the stretford end is leaking,
Ten Haag has got no money
a Sunday joint of bread and honey.

What are we living for
too see u....d in division four,
That’s what we’re living for
too see u....d in division four !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.