mcfc the gurkhas

Is this our new firm?

On a serious note, politics and football just don't go together. See: old firm.

Bonol said:
I dont think they should be allowed to live here. In fact before they join they should be told to sign a paper saying they wont be allowed to live here. They will still join because meaningful work in Nepal is almost impossible to find. With this recession joining the army might be a good move for British residents.

army is recession proof, how will Gurkhas joining effect us? The Army is currently short of troops.
The Gurkhas have done us proud and sacraficed many for the queen. I lived with some for a few weeks and they were funny as hell and hard as nails. I have many respect for them and if you fully understand what they did then so would you.

Bonol said:
I dont think they should be allowed to live here. In fact before they join they should be told to sign a paper saying they wont be allowed to live here. They will still join because meaningful work in Nepal is almost impossible to find. With this recession joining the army might be a good move for British residents.
well let lem live in your house in the edge then.

foxy said:
Bonol said:

army is recession proof, how will Gurkhas joining effect us? The Army is currently short of troops.
The Gurkhas have done us proud and sacraficed many for the queen. I lived with some for a few weeks and they were funny as hell and hard as nails. I have many respect for them and if you fully understand what they did then so would you.
top drawer

stony said:
sky tot said:
stony said:
The thing with the Gurkhas is that most people don't realise that they are essentially mercenary's. They don't belong to a commonwealth country and as such, don't hold any allegiance to the queen. They fight for money and nothing else.
Britain isn't the only country to recruit and maintain Gurkha regiments.
26 vc`s for the gurkha regiment! mercenary or not they are brave proud men serving our country.

I didn't say they wasn't brave or that they haven't served our country well. I also believe that they should be given the same rights as commonwealth squadies. But they are mercenary's.
Stoney I think you'll find they swear an oath to the Queen and our country, so did their forefathers, but yes in a manner of speaking they are mercenaries.

While I agree we should support ALL our troops it has fuck all to do with City or football.

blue1969 said:
stony said:
sky tot said:
stony said:
The thing with the Gurkhas is that most people don't realise that they are essentially mercenary's. They don't belong to a commonwealth country and as such, don't hold any allegiance to the queen. They fight for money and nothing else.
26 vc`s for the gurkha regiment! mercenary or not they are brave proud men serving our country.

I didn't say they wasn't brave or that they haven't served our country well. I also believe that they should be given the same rights as commonwealth squadies. But they are mercenary's.
Stoney I think you'll find they swear an oath to the Queen and our country, so did their forefathers, but yes in a manner of speaking they are mercenaries.

can we get with the times please in the 19th century yes they were classed as mercenarys,but a century or 2 later they are part of a very professional british army and deserve more respect than what they are getting.

blue1969 said:
stony said:
sky tot said:
stony said:

Everyone who enlists has to swear an oath to the Queen.

leewill31 said:
can we get with the times please in the 19th century yes they were classed as mercenarys,but a century or 2 later they are part of a very professional british army and deserve more respect than what they are getting.

Can we actually get with reality and truth ? Yes they are part of a very professional army and yes they serve our country well.
They are also foreign nationals who are fighting for money. I think you will find that is the very definition of the term 'mercenary' They don't join the Gurkha regiment to fight for their country. They join it because it offers them a standard of living that the rest of their countrymen can only dream of.

stony said:
leewill31 said:

Can we actually get with reality and truth ? Yes they are part of a very professional army and yes they serve our country well.
They are also foreign nationals who are fighting for money. I think you will find that is the very definition of the term 'mercenary' They don't join the Gurkha regiment to fight for their country. They join it because it offers them a standard of living that the rest of their countrymen can only dream of.

so the irish the scots and the welsh including our own english soldiers are all mercenarys oh ok i get it now.

i think you will find you are trying to prove a point that just does not work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.