MCFC U-18's

Well as Khaldoun says the clubs policy is to sell with buy backs and sell ons and he thinks it’s going well, he disagrees with you. So Khaldouns veiw or some bloke on the internet. Let me think
He tells the people whatever he wants, financially it is not a sound investment and professionally we don't really profit much from it.

Khaldoon says alot of things that aren't true.

There's some strange logic going on with your maths here. The fact that you sell something for a profit but don't get as much as you expected doesn't make it a loss. I guarantee that Mansour and Khaldoun won't be losing a second's sleep over our academy player's selling cost vs first team player purchase costs. Your main issue of us failing miserably with the academy making money seems quite baseless with regard to the running of a football club. A football club is extremely unlikely to offload an academy player for a huge sum - what would be the point? If he was 'that good' he'd be in the first team squad. The vast majority of academy players never make it to the first team (worldwide) and the mere fact that our academy is self-sustaining is quite an achievement in itself.
I can understand this argument and @WallyA. I wonder though if we shouldn’t be smarter with loans. Why couldn’t Sancho have gone to Girona and rip up la leaga for a season and then get sold on or integrated in the first team squad. How a player goes from less than £10m to £100m inside a few games is mental but surely with big league experience we could have got a hell of a lot more.

I can understand this argument and @WallyA. I wonder though if we shouldn’t be smarter with loans. Why couldn’t Sancho have gone to Girona and rip up la leaga for a season and then get sold on or integrated in the first team squad. How a player goes from less than £10m to £100m inside a few games is mental but surely with big league experience we could have got a hell of a lot more.
I think in the case of Sancho he simply didn’t want to, he didnt sign a contract because he wanted to control where he went it was completely out of our hands.

I think in the case of Sancho he simply didn’t want to, he didnt sign a contract because he wanted to control where he went it was completely out of our hands.
This is definitely true, but you have to think about why he didn't want to; there is no clear progression of academy/loan players into the squad.

This means basically anybody of talent from here on forwards will be sold for some profit, even if we WANT to keep them (Sancho). City's history in this regards (over 10 years of history atleast) has been poor.

Off the top of my head players who should have been given a chance here of recent memory; Sancho, Diaz, David Brooks, Gunn, Celina, Rony Lopes, Denis Suarez, Jason Denayer, Angelino (although buyback), Patrick Roberts (still a loanee but probably gone), Seko Fofana...

Not saying these players would have made the squad, but they were never given a chance like the players we buy get; Stones (who has now awesome) was given alot of time integrate into our squad, Mahrez is also given the same luxury.

In the past 3 years we have sold about £150mil worth of young players, and arguably the only one we have messed up is Sancho who forced himself out the club

Plus as mentioned most of those deals have some sort of % of next sale or buybacks

We are gonna lose some fantastic prospects because we have the strongest squad in Europe and it's so competitive to break in, but we are making money to break even

And let's not forget the club are continually buying young players into the club e.g. Gomes, Knight, Touzani, Sandler, Bernabe for all the exciting ones that get away

Quite strong U18 lineup tonight. Braaf still missing with a shoulder injury and D'Margio Wright-Phillips misses out as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.