MCFC U-18's

That's a shame, the refs blown up for full time. Ended up 7-1, sounds like they had fun even if the U23's didn't.

I’m looking forward to having a proper look at James McAtee, he’s had his name mentioned for what seems like ages so now he is a first year scholar so it’ll be good to hear about him properly on a regular basis

They were fantastic. Really exciting group of players. Could name basically all of em as standouts. Really, really liked the centreback pairing of Finley Burns and CJ Egan-Riley. Both powerful, both very good with the ball. New left-back from West Ham, Josh Wilson-Esbrand, was a real threat throughout. Many have heard of Joe Hodge by now, but he once again was excellent. Only small, but a great passer and an absolute terrier off the ball. Won it back so many times. Cole Palmer was taking the piss at the end. Got loads of assists and a goal, and he reminded me of Nasri technically. Couldn't get the ball off him at all and had a really natural dribbling ability. Glided past players.

McAtee is an excellent finisher (grabbed the match ball in the end) and a very silky midfielder too. Foden comparisons make sense. Oscar Bobb had a really, really impressive cameo. Ultra-composed and was very encouraging in that inside left position that David Silva picks up so well. Can't help but impressed by the new guy up front too - Liam Delap. He's big, he's strong and he's very direct. Runs past people frequently and he'll score an absolute tonne. Genuinely a complete striker. Fiorini and Robinson had good games too. Shauny's lad was the only real let down for me. He was fine, but we seemed a lot less threatening down his side than we did the left.

All in all, it could have been ten very easily. Absolutely huge gulf in class and it seems the 18s have a very strong squad. I suspect they'll go far in all the comps they're in this year! Like this new crop a lot.

They were fantastic. Really exciting group of players. Could name basically all of em as standouts. Really, really liked the centreback pairing of Finley Burns and CJ Egan-Riley. Both powerful, both very good with the ball. New left-back from West Ham, Josh Wilson-Esbrand, was a real threat throughout. Many have heard of Joe Hodge by now, but he once again was excellent. Only small, but a great passer and an absolute terrier off the ball. Won it back so many times. Cole Palmer was taking the piss at the end. Got loads of assists and a goal, and he reminded me of Nasri technically. Couldn't get the ball off him at all and had a really natural dribbling ability. Glided past players.

McAtee is an excellent finisher (grabbed the match ball in the end) and a very silky midfielder too. Foden comparisons make sense. Oscar Bobb had a really, really impressive cameo. Ultra-composed and was very encouraging in that inside left position that David Silva picks up so well. Can't help but impressed by the new guy up front too - Liam Delap. He's big, he's strong and he's very direct. Runs past people frequently and he'll score an absolute tonne. Genuinely a complete striker. Fiorini and Robinson had good games too. Shauny's lad was the only real let down for me. He was fine, but we seemed a lot less threatening down his side than we did the left.

All in all, it could have been ten very easily. Absolutely huge gulf in class and it seems the 18s have a very strong squad. I suspect they'll go far in all the comps they're in this year! Like this new crop a lot.
Borussia Dortmund will be made up.

;-)

3rd straight win for the U18's today away to Middlesborough having to come from behind to win 1-3. The U16's won 2-5 against (presumably) the same team (not literally the same players, no before someone asks).

I want to go and watch the u18s at the CFA on Saturday morning. Do they let members of the public go and watch? I've been a few years ago but wasn't sure whether access had changed. Replies appreciated

I want to go and watch the u18s at the CFA on Saturday morning. Do they let members of the public go and watch? I've been a few years ago but wasn't sure whether access had changed. Replies appreciated

Yeah, I went last weekend totally fine. Just walk up to the side gate towards the CFA complex and say you're there for the 18s. Head towards the reception then and youll get a wrist band in there.

Joe Hodge has his op yesterday- He is looking forward to starting his rehab and work towards getting back playing as soon as he can .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.