MCFC U-18's

1-2 down at half time too apparently, Delap with 2 more goals.

Edit: Bobb came on in the 2nd half and failed to score (for the first time?), #BobbOut

Bobb actually started the game and was anonymous. Fascinating game I thought. Liverpool were much much better than us in the first half and we were lucky to be only 1 down at half time even though Delap did hit the bar just before half time. They were a young quite small side but had plenty of energy and running and their pressing really caused us serious problems.

The only real out ball we had was to Delap and even that for about the first 20 minutes wasn't really working as he had their one big guy playing him very tight. He started to work him out then and the one onto the bar , which was all his work, was a sign of things to come.

I think the only change at half time was Edozie ( left winger ) off and Jamie Bynoe-Gittens on in the same role. It made quite a difference. Edozie was offside countless times but Gittens looked confident and positive with the ball. Both just 16 or even 15 I would guess.

Anyway it was all about Delap. 2 excellent goals plus he crashed one onto a post as he had really turned the tables on their centre back and was roasting him. Both had been booked. At 3.2 it could still have gone either way and their big guy nearly scored from a corner but thyen Wright-Phillips , who had done virtually nothing at all , got onto a ball and attacked the box to let fly a screamer.

Bobb actually started the game and was anonymous. Fascinating game I thought. Liverpool were much much better than us in the first half and we were lucky to be only 1 down at half time even though Delap did hit the bar just before half time. They were a young quite small side but had plenty of energy and running and their pressing really caused us serious problems.

The only real out ball we had was to Delap and even that for about the first 20 minutes wasn't really working as he had their one big guy playing him very tight. He started to work him out then and the one onto the bar , which was all his work, was a sign of things to come.

I think the only change at half time was Edozie ( left winger ) off and Jamie Bynoe-Gittens on in the same role. It made quite a difference. Edozie was offside countless times but Gittens looked confident and positive with the ball. Both just 16 or even 15 I would guess.

Anyway it was all about Delap. 2 excellent goals plus he crashed one onto a post as he had really turned the tables on their centre back and was roasting him. Both had been booked. At 3.2 it could still have gone either way and their big guy nearly scored from a corner but thyen Wright-Phillips , who had done virtually nothing at all , got onto a ball and attacked the box to let fly a screamer.

Bynoe-Gittens turned 15 last month.

City U18s win 4-1 away tonight to top the Northern Section, yet zero interest here on a forum with 71K members. Since our Academy opened we have reached 4 out of 5 FA Youth Cup Finals. Incredible things are in the pipeline but the apathy on here is staggering.

City U18s win 4-1 away tonight to top the Northern Section, yet zero interest here on a forum with 71K members. Since our Academy opened we have reached 4 out of 5 FA Youth Cup Finals. Incredible things are in the pipeline but the apathy on here is staggering.

well we're hardly provided with much coverage, are we?

Can't even get Foden in the fucking first team over pissing Gundogan.

I went to the OS and saw, and read regularly.
It was better a few years ago when the matches were on FB at least.
I wouldn’t say apathy, I’d say unpublicised.

I’d say it’s down to the club. A few years ago you could watch the likes of Foden, Sancho and Diaz almost every week on Facebook or the official site but now they don’t show any matches at all. They barely even bother with highlights.

I was a regular at the academy when it 1st opened but not been for awhile now.
Can't get any enthusiasm now like I did just hope some of these lads start getting more of a chance.

Do our academys play anything similar to what Peps philosophy is in football?I know in Barcelona ,all the youngsters tried to play similar to what their main team played under Pep and i think thats the way to go,so they would know the system better if they get graduated etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.