MCFC U14s 9-0 RAGS U14s

watched u10 game on next pitch and even so young very worrying for reds at level which foundations are put in.

A team of Man united kids picked on size totally outplayed by physically much smaller, way more technical city kids, score was a respectable 3-2 to city but didn't tell full story I counted the woodwork rattled 9 times and city must have had above 70% possession united just couldn't get ball off them and keep hold of it.

Not sure if its recruitment or coaching or both but a gulf of difference.

Have to be honest

watched u10 game on next pitch and even so young very worrying for reds at level which foundations are put in.

A team of Man united kids picked on size totally outplayed by physically much smaller, way more technical city kids, score was a respectable 3-2 to city but didn't tell full story I counted the woodwork rattled 9 times and city must have had above 70% possession united just couldn't get ball off them and keep hold of it.

Have to be honest

Good post bud.

I mean I'll always say the results don't matter especially at this level of "Development" as the kids could totally outplay another team, lose, but still play much better football which helps them develop long term.
I'd rather this was going on... Yet we are outplaying teams with our style of football AND also getting results.

Taking off my blue tinted specs if I had a child who was outright class and every club wanted him I would choose City, simply for the standard of coaching, the private education and facilities available.

My Brother (who's a red) also said the same when he saw the facilities at the campus.

As good as our youth teams are its not necessarily to our senior team's benefit. IMO it's something that is a benefit to the community and football in general. It's the FA that should be rubbing their hands. And surrounding lower level clubs.

My hope is that a greater percentage of these players make it to the professional game than before.

Be prepared though for some fantastic players playing for United, Liverpool etc after coming through our ranks. Their Goaters. ;-)

So proud of how our club is doing at the moment.

Have to be honest
Cheers for the post.

For anyone who still scoffs at the term 'holistic', this is what it means, not getting a youth player in the starting 11 for the 1st team every week when they're not ready.
At every age level they're playing the same style of football with the same possession stats and overwhelming attacking flair. I find it astounding that they've managed everything they have in the relative short time they've owned us. The 1st team youth players will come, be patient.

Cheers for the post.

For anyone who still scoffs at the term 'holistic', this is what it means, not getting a youth player in the starting 11 for the 1st team every week when they're not ready.
At every age level they're playing the same style of football with the same possession stats and overwhelming attacking flair. I find it astounding that they've managed everything they have in the relative short time they've owned us. The 1st team youth players will come, be patient.

The problem is then ripping up all that teamwork at 19, & sending them out to play god knows where & be coached by god knows who, in god knows what circumstances. When their development has been as part of a functioning 'whole' team philosophy ie of course 'hollistic'. Suddenly the 10 yard pass as one of 35 in the move involving the whole team, isn't good enough at your new loan club & you have to beat 3 players & put a cross in instead, or be dropped to the bench.

The only way to avoid that is for some City manager, one day, to be ordered to start actually introducing our academy philosophy & some of the players, into the first team each season.

The problem is then ripping up all that teamwork at 19, & sending them out to play god knows where & be coached by god knows who, in god knows what circumstances. When their development has been as part of a functioning 'whole' team philosophy ie of course 'hollistic'. Suddenly the 10 yard pass as one of 35 in the move involving the whole team, isn't good enough at your new loan club & you have to beat 3 players & put a cross in instead, or be dropped to the bench.

The only way to avoid that is for some City manager, one day, to be ordered to start actually introducing our academy philosophy & some of the players, into the first team each season.

Yeah....Pep next season..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.