MCFC Ultras group

A A

Anonymous

we could do with one. the bayern fans outsang 40,000 fans last night, I think the atmosphere at the etihad has been very poor this season and needs a group of like minded fans to get together and just sing non stop for the whole game, flags, banners you name it.

The cm11 banners are great, but there only there for the odd game and are quite small. we need to develop something for every game like what they have in germany- megaphones, groups of singers. the most important thing is for people to sing, however barely anyone does. So lets be proactive.

would love to see this happen, probably wont though

It would be worth digging up that thread where a guy was planning on forming one and seemed to make some progress but hasn't been heard from in a long time... can't seem to find it myself.

I think an Ultras group is a great idea and could get at least 2,000 members if not more. 2,000 constantly singing fans would be immense.

Would they allow us to do that ?

We get shot at dawn for standing as it is, we need that fixing first.

As long as im at least 4 rows away from the fella with the drum is my only stipulation.

im not really into it at all, they were like robots, its just constant. and how the fuck can you watch the game if your jumping up and down all the time, and their chants are shit. prefer singing to shouting monotonal chanting. i like the flares. our way is much more dramatic, i agree when people say the atmosphere and noise levels need to be lifted, but please dont start this contrived bull shit.

You have to face it guys - You English fans are just gonna never been organized as other European fans.

All those football laws took it from you and on some similar threads before I've got a feeling that most of you don't care about it anymore.

You've got used on what you have now and that won't change easily.

im not really into it at all, they were like robots, its just constant. and how the fuck can you watch the game if your jumping up and down all the time, and their chants are shit.

that's what I've talking about above. It's just completely different mentality now.

Honestly, I like European way much, much more, I don't fancy English stadium atmospheres at all, it's pretty much similar now to that on USA sports fields...

Howling Wolf said:
im not really into it at all, they were like robots, its just constant. and how the fuck can you watch the game if your jumping up and down all the time, and their chants are shit. prefer singing to shouting monotonal chanting. i like the flares. our way is much more dramatic, i agree when people say the atmosphere and noise levels need to be lifted, but please dont start this contrived bull shit.

Exactly my thoughts on the matter. There is a lot more to creating an atmosphere than having a couple of thousand fans constantly singing.

I've been selective in the past of stuff such as songs that i thought were pants, drums and megaphones that i thought was corny, now im all for it. Anything is better than silence.

I give my support and donations when i can to the blue alliance lads or any other pro active groups. Got alot of time for them.

Howling Wolf said:

An English "Ultras" wouldn't have to be the same as a German. We have our own culture and style of singing/chanting, it'd just mean persistent NOISE however the group does it, be it singing classic City songs or new ones (and god knows, we could use some new songs!).

I also don't think an Ultras group would necessarily mean hoodies, skinheads, and violence. An Ultras group in 2011 can be much more civil and probably has to be with all the rules and regulations but not calling it "Ultras" might be one way to distance itself from the spectre of the past.

It may be contrived but surely contrived is better than, well... nothing? Because the way things are going there could be no atmosphere left two seasons from now, just that hushed expectation of the next goal followed by a cheer, Poznan, "City! City! City!", and back to waiting for the next goal.

There are Ultras groups already in English football I believe, maybe someone could post a video of a great example.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.