MCFC Ultras group

The answer isnt a hooligan group, it is a culture that needs to be introduced.

It will take time but a start needs to be made. This may be as simple as several hundred people bringing scarves or flags to every game.

Im not fortunate enough to own a season ticket but if i did i would want to sing during every game and create the best atmosphere possible (this can be referred to as having 'fun').

Another big problem is that people do not sing up because the people around them dont. It needs a group of people in every area of the ground to start singinf, and it will lift everyone

Howling Wolf said:
im not really into it at all, they were like robots, its just constant. and how the fuck can you watch the game if your jumping up and down all the time, and their chants are shit. prefer singing to shouting monotonal chanting. i like the flares. our way is much more dramatic, i agree when people say the atmosphere and noise levels need to be lifted, but please dont start this contrived bull shit.
Aye, stuff all that contrived chanting bullshit, a spontaneous 90 minutes silence like we did last night is far better.

Just move up to the 3rd tier,problem solved.Nearer the roof so sounds louder.
Forget all that ultra nonsense.

LoveCity said:
Howling Wolf said:
im not really into it at all, they were like robots, its just constant. and how the fuck can you watch the game if your jumping up and down all the time, and their chants are shit. prefer singing to shouting monotonal chanting. i like the flares. our way is much more dramatic, i agree when people say the atmosphere and noise levels need to be lifted, but please dont start this contrived bull shit.

An English "Ultras" wouldn't have to be the same as a German. We have our own culture and style of singing/chanting, it'd just mean persistent NOISE however the group does it, be it singing classic City songs or new ones (and god knows, we could use some new songs!).

I also don't think an Ultras group would necessarily mean hoodies, skinheads, and violence. An Ultras group in 2011 can be much more civil and probably has to be with all the rules and regulations but not calling it "Ultras" might be one way to distance itself from the spectre of the past.

It may be contrived but surely contrived is better than, well... nothing? Because the way things are going there could be no atmosphere left two seasons from now, just that hushed expectation of the next goal followed by a cheer, Poznan, "City! City! City!", and back to waiting for the next goal.

There are Ultras groups already in English football I believe, maybe someone could post a video of a great example.

Type "Stanley Ultras" into google and youtube, went to watch them few years back, they were brilliant all game and there was probably a hardcore of 50 of them and the rest just joined in. Green Brigade is all a good example of british ultras.

^ Just did and came up with this... kids and all involved, none of the stereotypical rubbish people are going on about (hoodies, thugs, etc.).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60qoQGCTzsk[/youtube]

We're obsessed with the atmosphere!!

Sometimes its very good - better than most prem teams.
Sometimes its average.
Sometimes its quiet. Last night was quiet

Always has been that way, probabley always will be.

LoveCity said:
^ Just did and came up with this... kids and all involved, none of the stereotypical rubbish people are going on about (hoodies, thugs, etc.).

I just can't understand how someone could not find this much better than usual atmosphere on English stadiums

LoveCity said:

and most of all, they look like they are having fun.

MSP said:
LoveCity said:

I just can't understand how someone could not find this much better than usual atmosphere on English stadiums

Drums should be barred from every ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.