MCFC Ultras group

TheMightyQuinn said:
WNRH said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Calling people 'sheep' isn't likely to get them to follow you.

If those who wanted to sing actually sung instead of telling everyone else how to act, maybe there'd be a bit more noise.

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo City!

You get tired of snide looks and no one joining in.

I'm all for designated singing sections as it gives everyone the choice. We need a bigger one as ours has a waiting list, I think. But I'm opposed to drums, trumpets, anything coordinated and a bit 'Baseball' and giving ourselves a silly name.

I'd happily stand in the singing section and sing but I'm never going to be a 'Blue Ultra' or anything like that because it just seems a bit sort of wet and contrived.

Also, megaphones, even if I really, really wanted to sing, I'd refuse to sing if someone was trying to make me by shouting in a megaphone. Ask yourself what kind of attention seeking **** would want to be the guy with the megaphone, I'm cringing just typing this!

So yeah, singing sections are fine with me but anything else is just naff.

you don't need a megaphone, palace manage it fine without one. They just have a few people at the front starting things off, not ordering.

marios stress ball said:
you don't need a megaphone, palace manage it fine without one. They just have a few people at the front starting things off, not ordering.

I'm probably just a bit old school and I'm reserved by nature so my opinions won't reflect the opinions of a lot on this matter but I do think it should be natural as opposed to forced or contrived in any way.

I've no problem with TBA lads doing what they do, Felix and Liam seem like nice lads from what I know of them on here and there intentions are honourable and they've managed to a degree to achieve some results by uniting a lot of like minded lads.

I've not seen the Palace lot so can't really comment on them. I do think they'd be a better template than the Europeans though.

People who want us to create an atmosphere like some of those European fans are absolutely deluded, no offence to them as I know their hearts are in the right place, as this is England, northern England and we're a much more reserved people by nature...unless we're pissed which is why aways are always more lively than home games.

The best we can do is get all the singers in one place and then leave it up to them to sing and make noise whilst accepting that a good percentage of fans will always choose to not get involved for whatever reason.

There's always going to be certain games that create a great atmosphere and others where it's always going to be a bit flat. That's just a fact. Sunday is a good example, we had our backs to the wall, we were facing humiliation and the fans/team managed to stand as one and stage a credible fight back.

It must be frustrating for TBA lads to read these threads where dozens of fans claim to be up for creating a better atmosphere yet never make themselves known to TBA and instead, presumably, just sit there in silence.

As Liam pointed out, there's even a division, of sorts, amongst the singers. Some want to sing City songs and get behind the team whereas others are content to make wanker signs at the away fans for 90 mins and sing songs aimed solely at the away section.

Also, there's too much suspicion and division amongst ourselves these days. We should be all equal, all blues but there's a healthy amount of nobs who think that because they've personally not seen you before that you must have just begun being blue and as such deserve no respect. I sit in a different seat, generally, most home games due to my ticket situation so I don't see the same faces from a game to game basis whereas as a kid I had the same season ticket from 87-01 so I knew all the people around me and they knew me.

liamctid have you ever thought about blocks 140 or 132 as an idea to get together like minded blues.

I think trying to implement anything in the existing areas South Stand and Blocks 110/111 is pointless because like you said the majority of people in there are set in their ways and because it is already hard enough to get a single ticket, it is impossible to get everyone together as one.

The reason i say blocks 140/132 is because first of all it's away from the away fans, any singing would be pro active getting behind the team and secondly because of the way the blocks are situated i can't imagine the blocks either side of them would be affected by groups of people standing up all game.

I don't know what the season ticket uptake is there, i can't imagine it's as busy as elsewhere and for cup games no one seems to want to sit there.

But if that was the Blue Alliance block and the main lads were at the back, and the rest of the block was filled with like minded blues, maybe 3/4 season tickets, 1/4 matchday sales, similar to how the Green Brigade at Celtic Park has their own little block away from the away end, 300/400/500 blues singing non stop for 90 minutes would get the ground rocking and certainly would entice me to spend money i may not have on a season ticket next year.

Just my two penneth to the discussion.

ell said:
Sorry lads but definately a no from me RE the drum.

Small club mentality (no offence to bolton, blackburn etc)

Real Madrid, Munich?

If your fans have a drum it doesn't make the club small. And I'm sure it won't be used ALL game, just for certain songs and to get things started.

WNRH said:
liamctid have you ever thought about blocks 140 or 132 as an idea to get together like minded blues.

I think trying to implement anything in the existing areas South Stand and Blocks 110/111 is pointless because like you said the majority of people in there are set in their ways and because it is already hard enough to get a single ticket, it is impossible to get everyone together as one.

The reason i say blocks 140/132 is because first of all it's away from the away fans, any singing would be pro active getting behind the team and secondly because of the way the blocks are situated i can't imagine the blocks either side of them would be affected by groups of people standing up all game.

I don't know what the season ticket uptake is there, i can't imagine it's as busy as elsewhere and for cup games no one seems to want to sit there.

But if that was the Blue Alliance block and the main lads were at the back, and the rest of the block was filled with like minded blues, maybe 3/4 season tickets, 1/4 matchday sales, similar to how the Green Brigade at Celtic Park has their own little block away from the away end, 300/400/500 blues singing non stop for 90 minutes would get the ground rocking and certainly would entice me to spend money i may not have on a season ticket next year.

this might be a very good idea.

the problem is with the south stand that people are comfortable and won't want to move, so rather taking the non singers and moving them else where, which will make them not want to/complain. why don't we take the people who want to sing and just be pro-active to get behind the team for 90 mins and put them somewhere else.

500 fans can easily make a racket, plus other joining in every so often and with the kippax corner and south stand on top of that it might work, obviously the club would need to get on board and have another standing section (albeit a smaller one).

TheMightyQuinn said:
marios stress ball said:

I'm probably just a bit old school and I'm reserved by nature so my opinions won't reflect the opinions of a lot on this matter but I do think it should be natural as opposed to forced or contrived in any way.

I've no problem with TBA lads doing what they do, Felix and Liam seem like nice lads from what I know of them on here and there intentions are honourable and they've managed to a degree to achieve some results by uniting a lot of like minded lads.

I've not seen the Palace lot so can't really comment on them. I do think they'd be a better template than the Europeans though.

People who want us to create an atmosphere like some of those European fans are absolutely deluded, no offence to them as I know their hearts are in the right place, as this is England, northern England and we're a much more reserved people by nature...unless we're pissed which is why aways are always more lively than home games.

The best we can do is get all the singers in one place and then leave it up to them to sing and make noise whilst accepting that a good percentage of fans will always choose to not get involved for whatever reason.

There's always going to be certain games that create a great atmosphere and others where it's always going to be a bit flat. That's just a fact. Sunday is a good example, we had our backs to the wall, we were facing humiliation and the fans/team managed to stand as one and stage a credible fight back.

It must be frustrating for TBA lads to read these threads where dozens of fans claim to be up for creating a better atmosphere yet never make themselves known to TBA and instead, presumably, just sit there in silence.

As Liam pointed out, there's even a division, of sorts, amongst the singers. Some want to sing City songs and get behind the team whereas others are content to make wanker signs at the away fans for 90 mins and sing songs aimed solely at the away section.

Also, there's too much suspicion and division amongst ourselves these days. We should be all equal, all blues but there's a healthy amount of nobs who think that because they've personally not seen you before that you must have just begun being blue and as such deserve no respect. I sit in a different seat, generally, most home games due to my ticket situation so I don't see the same faces from a game to game basis whereas as a kid I had the same season ticket from 87-01 so I knew all the people around me and they knew me.

You should look at some of the palace videos and then see what you think. I think it's European style...but in an English way(not sure if you'll understand me?).

WNRH said:

Good idea, should try it at a europa league game as a trial should be easy enough

MCFCinleeds said:
WNRH said:

Good idea, should try it at a europa league game as a trial should be easy enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.