Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Warning* avoid telegraph report on Sterling signing, includes a ticker saying how much he's earned since you started reading the article

Just came on here to mention the bbc Facebook page -absolute disgrace and they know it is as they have tried to squirm out of it by giving a bullshit excuse.

Surely no one can now be in any doubt that an anti City agenda exists within the media, following the disgraceful reporting we have endured over the last few weeks. I wont go into the details here as they are discussed at length in the agenda thread and elsewhere. What I'm interested in is what do we do about it?

Our current approach of "just ignore it and it will go away" clearly isn't working. In fact I think it's encouraging more and more people to have a go and join in the collective kicking the club is currently receiving. It appears that our PR department are relaxed or powerless to do anything about it, but the constant negative press has a cumulative impact on how outsiders and potential new fans actually view the club. We've got a great story to tell; two titles in the last four years, top scorers (entertainers) yet again not to mention the world class academy and socially responsible approach taken in the regeneration of East Manchester. We should be the medias darlings and held up as the perfect example of how a football club should behave and be run. But instead facts get twisted, stories get spun and we end up being disrespected yet again.

Frankly I've had enough, I'm tired of it. It's time we hit back.

It's time we got on the front foot with these people; so lets use our financial muscle and replace the softly softly Vicky Kloss with a rottweiler like Alistair Campbell. He'd sort them out sharpish and get the club the media respect it deserves.

Surely no one can now be in any doubt that an anti City agenda exists within the media, following the disgraceful reporting we have endured over the last few weeks. I wont go into the details here as they are discussed at length in the agenda thread and elsewhere. What I'm interested in is what do we do about it?

Our current approach of "just ignore it and it will go away" clearly isn't working. In fact I think it's encouraging more and more people to have a go and join in the collective kicking the club is currently receiving. It appears that our PR department are relaxed or powerless to do anything about it, but the constant negative press has a cumulative impact on how outsiders and potential new fans actually view the club. We've got a great story to tell; two titles in the last four years, top scorers (entertainers) yet again not to mention the world class academy and socially responsible approach taken in the regeneration of East Manchester. We should be the medias darlings and held up as the perfect example of how a football club should behave and be run. But instead facts get twisted, stories get spun and we end up being disrespected yet again.

Frankly I've had enough, I'm tired of it. It's time we hit back.

It's time we got on the front foot with these people; so lets use our financial muscle and replace the softly softly Vicky Kloss with a rottweiler like Alistair Campbell. He'd sort them out sharpish and get the club the media respect it deserves.

The Media cannot seem to accept UTD are not top dogs anymore, and People in the Media who support small clubs tend to have UTD as their second team, second hand glory hunters.
It strikes me as some type of racism against our owners, yet every fan is begging for a similar takeover to ours, it's laughable, But I think humour on the terraces is the best way to make our point.

niall quinn just gave a lovely interview on sly sports.

Just seen it

Nail Quinn on Sterling's transfer 'who's higher than Liverpool.......' Well as it turns out about half the fucking league!! Then saying City fans will be the 'first to let him know' if he's not performing, what a tosser. City fans will have plenty of patients, it's pundits like him who don't because they are generally fucking clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.