Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall an interview with Dan Taylor a while back where he inferred that City will only do PR articles if the journalist promotes a worthy cause that City want to push, usually a charitable foundation or community project. Taylor seemed to note that some papers didn't like that & wouldn't play along - so maybe another reason we see mostly negative shit about us being peddled relentlessly

Naively I thought that once City had won a trophy and established ourselves as a top 4 club the media profile would improve.

Some of the ridicule has stopped, i.e. when we are linked to top players, there's no longer the same guffaws, but the hostility is there. The reason has got nothing to do with City, and everything to do with the sense of panic in clubs like Liverpool and Man Utd and the media play on that.

Give it 5 more years, but it doesn't bother me so much now. The papers are losing business and influence as the media changes. If you follow football now, the way you do it has changed. It's no longer the Pink at 6pm after the game, it's go to the game, then talk about it online, you don't wait for what Peter Gardner and David Lacey think. And you can talk back. Technology is marginalising our critics and their bias just accelerates their demise.

If you want to see how it should be done, watch Man Utd's Fulltimedevils or ArsenalFanTV. They had a guy called Clyde who was just compulsive viewing. Fans are much more knowledgeable than they are give credit for by "professionals."

I think that was a really good post Marvin.

I must admit that I had noticed the change in media but not connected it to the panic this will cause to traditional media as they struggle to update. A little akin to the way hot press was replaced by early digital methods of producing newspapers but much more radical.

Looking at Fulltimedevils for the first time was a revelation (many thanks for your suggestion). The presentation is slick and informative. I really think that our owners would do well to fund something like that still keeping our own official CityTV of course.

The latest video regarding United's pursuit of Valencia's Otamendi makes a virtue out of the fact that the player may go on strike to force his departure to United but that only becomes a deadly sin if a player goes to City of course.

Thick cunts, most sports journalists.

Yup. Two minutes of watching Shaun Cuntis on Sunday Supplement is all the evidence you'll ever need. The ones I hate more though are those that pass themselves off as elder statesmen, all mock gravitas and peering over the rims of their half moon glasses, harrumphing their approval of whatever cretinous point has just been made by one of their brain dead colleagues. That **** Barclay springs to mind.........

I recall an interview with Dan Taylor a while back where he inferred that City will only do PR articles if the journalist promotes a worthy cause that City want to push, usually a charitable foundation or community project. Taylor seemed to note that some papers didn't like that & wouldn't play along - so maybe another reason we see mostly negative shit about us being peddled relentlessly

I went to a supporter's club function earlier this year and Alex Williams was lamenting that very point. Invited the press along to a City in the Community function aimed at (if memory serves) getting senior citizens involved in 'walk' football, and all the cockroaches wanted to do (and did, much to Alex's despair) was focus on the fact that two of the old boys had to be asked to change out of the rag tops they'd turned up in. Something of that ilk. Anyway, as a measure of the types of people they are, they'd rather score cheap snickering points at City's expense than properly cover a charitable good news story

I think that was a really good post Marvin.

I must admit that I had noticed the change in media but not connected it to the panic this will cause to traditional media as they struggle to update. A little akin to the way hot press was replaced by early digital methods of producing newspapers but much more radical.

Looking at Fulltimedevils for the first time was a revelation (many thanks for your suggestion). The presentation is slick and informative. I really think that our owners would do well to fund something like that still keeping our own official CityTV of course.

The latest video regarding United's pursuit of Valencia's Otamendi makes a virtue out of the fact that the player may go on strike to force his departure to United but that only becomes a deadly sin if a player goes to City of course.
Fulltimedevils is the best fan produced content I have found. Arsenalfantv is hilarious after an Arsenal defeat. There's this guy called Claude who gets totally irate. But I really rate the people involved. They car passionately about their clubs, and know a lot about their teams. There's some poor stuff to. The worst I have found is redmentv (Liverpool fans Youtube channel).

There's a place for traditional journalism too, but I don't think we have to worry about ever dot and comma.

A couple of years ago Jeff Powell was criticising us for buying Navas and Fernandinho:

Yet in the midst of all this activity, whither the promising young English footballer?
And what price the England team?

Then when we buy the most promising of the lot, he still slags us off. Just a ****, it's that simple!

our club simply couldn't care less about the media, gary cook brought the philosophy in when he realised the media was of no benefit financially to the club. this is why we don't have endless stories about our players on tour and how our new star play has used a training bike. city just keeps them all at arms length and gets on with it. case in point being sterling all the news was generated by the grievers not a word from city.

personally prefer it that way the constent laughable stories from manu on tour are hilarious I'm sure you have all seen todays big news that they use exercise bikes.
If this is the case why don't we just get rid of our PR Dept, we might as well for all the 'work' they do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.