Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
24b2j6g.png
Well that hurt me fooking eyes,but as far as I could tell only big dick Dublin had us outside of the top four.

Robbie Savage hasn't got Chelsea in the top 4!

Although he does have Arsenal finishing 2nd and 3rd, clearly a KFA!

Robbie Savage has Arsenal to finish second and third in that listing!

that's a good point - an error on my part! But to be fair even he doesn't know which position the top 4 will be if you read conflicting reports ;)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/robbie-savage-predicts-premier-league-6213328

5th - Manchester City

Too many people in Manuel Pellegrini’s team want to run forwards, not backwards – and they haven’t solved the problem.

I’m not sure Raheem Sterling is worth £49m based on eight goals and seven assists last season.
And if Sergio Aguero is injured, Wilfried Bony will not fire them to the title.

4th - Liverpool

Christian Benteke, Firmino, James Milner and Nathaniel Clyne will go straight into the first team, and when Daniel Sturridge is fit again they could force their way back into the top four. But manager Brendan Rodgers desperately needs a good start.

3rd - Chelsea

Never, ever write off Jose Mourinho, and the Special One will grind out enough wins to stay in contention for back-to-back titles.
But I would fear for them if Diego Costa is injured – because Radamel Falcao looks off the pace and Loic Remy won’t make them champions again.

2nd - Arsenal
This is their best chance of winning the title since the Invincibles season.

The Gunners have pace to burn up front, Alexis Sanchez is world class, they have a glittering array of midfield talent and new goalkeeper Petr Cech’s safe hands will be worth five to 10 points alone.

1st - Manchester United
I'm not going to back down now - United remain my tip for the title, but they must resolve the goalkeeping situation.

If David De Gea is not going to play against Tottenham because his mind is elsewhere, perhaps it's best for all concerned if they let him go to Real Madrid and bring in a world-class replacement.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/...tions-for-bpl-season-bt-sport-sky-sports.html

Robbie Savage (BT Sport)
Who do you think will be the champions and why?
Manchester United. They have bought well. It should be one of the tightest races for the title we have seen. I would go for United, Arsenal, Chelsea and then Manchester City.

United have resolved the central midfield problem with Morgan Schneiderlin and Bastian Schweinsteiger. Add to that Carrick, Herrera and Fellaini, who did well last year.”

Top four prediction
1. Manchester United, 2. Arsenal, 3. Chelsea, 4. Manchester City.

Best thing to do is use all this 'disrespect' by the media as fuel to perform at a top level and return to the top of the EPL. Media personnel have their own biases and agendas and are hardly ever right. This Man City squad is talented and strong and should do very well this year.

I must admit I thought the same when I heard Murphy's comment at first. Richards had his best season, imo, at centre back next to Dunne. Is there no way we could have nurtured him into a quality centre back? We decided to spend huge amounts of money on so called ready made versions in Lescott, Kolo Toure and Mangala. I think Murphy has a point.

Nah he doesn't, he's Mark Lawrenson Jnr in so many ways.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing on MOTD, ill informed shite.

Our defense, Mangala aside, has been assembled in an economic fashion by recent standards if I recall correctly.

What did we pay for Boateng, Lescott, Kolo Zaba, VK, Kolarov, Clichy, MDM, Sagna, Mangala altogether? I don't think it's that much over 150 million for the lot. Certainly not hundreds of millions, unless of course we're including their entire contracts in this analysis, which of course Murphy didn't allude to - just stirred up more 'city ruining players careers' nonsense.

I think the thick bastards have misinterpreted the question, it's not "Who do you want to win the league" it's "Who will win the league", that list however just shows how tribal football can be and how few pro-city pundits there are in the media.
Last nights superb performance will have them running for their comfort blankets and hiding in cupboards.

I think the thick bastards have misinterpreted the question, it's not "Who do you want to win the league" it's "Who will win the league", that list however just shows how tribal football can be and how few pro-city pundits there are in the media.
Last nights superb performance will have them running for their comfort blankets and hiding in cupboards.
Very good point

To be fair to him, he didn't say anything that hasn't been said on here over the last few weeks. We had a very poor pre season and we were all worried about how the defense was looking. Last night we looked superb and VK and EM looked much more solid and even Sagna and Kolarov looked good and Carragher said as much but with the caveat that there will be a lot bigger tests to come.
I guess the main difference is that the people on here are not paid thousands of pounds a week to be a football 'expert'

That was such a poor strawman defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.