Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Agenda (Merged)

For the record I believe there is an Agenda. I believe that FFP deliberately targets us and has been orchestrated by the old elite including the likes of David Gill. I believe that the old elite (read United) were for years unfairly helped by referees who were under the influence of Ferguson. I believe that the media is generally anti-City and although most clubs fans think that their club is the target, with City it's actually true. The reasoning is that the journos are all football fans who are likely to support United, Liverpool or the big London clubs, who all dislike us.

But FFP in particular - there is no denying an agenda here. Martin Samuel wrote this a few years back which nails it: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2261817/Arsenal-Manchester-United-financial-fair-play-plot-ruin-Premier-League--Martin-Samuel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... amuel.html</a>

In terms of refereeing decisions we have to ask how Balotelli got away with the Parker stamp, which to be fair was worse than the Costa incidents and no less obvious.

Johnsonontheleft said:
For the record I believe there is an Agenda. I believe that FFP deliberately targets us and has been orchestrated by the old elite including the likes of David Gill. I believe that the old elite (read United) were for years unfairly helped by referees who were under the influence of Ferguson. I believe that the media is generally anti-City and although most clubs fans think that their club is the target, with City it's actually true. The reasoning is that the journos are all football fans who are likely to support United, Liverpool or the big London clubs, who all dislike us.

But FFP in particular - there is no denying an agenda here. Martin Samuel wrote this a few years back which nails it: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2261817/Arsenal-Manchester-United-financial-fair-play-plot-ruin-Premier-League--Martin-Samuel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... amuel.html</a>

In terms of refereeing decisions we have to ask how Balotelli got away with the Parker stamp, which to be fair was worse than the Costa incidents and no less obvious.

I agree until the last line.

Super Mario never stamped on Parker, he just accidentally brushed Scotty's 50's coiffure. Then the media started a witch hunt which succeeded attaining Ballo's ban. Agenda at full.

Johnsonontheleft said:

on the money.

City are not box office , the rags,dippers,chavs,arseholes etc are box office every time they knock us , these 4 clubs supporters love it , and the increased papers/internet clicks attract advertising . Good news about City doesnt sell , bad news does sell , "its nothing personal , its just business" , once you grasp the situation , the shite written about us really is irrelevant to supporters .The club on the other hand , need to grow the brand , and it is surprising and annoying that they dont defend themselves against what sometimes are blatant lies , slander and libel.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
City are not box office , the rags,dippers,chavs,arseholes etc are box office every time they knock us , these 4 clubs supporters love it , and the increased papers/internet clicks attract advertising . Good news about City doesnt sell , bad news does sell , "its nothing personal , its just business" , once you grasp the situation , the shite written about us really is irrelevant to supporters .The club on the other hand , need to grow the brand , and it is surprising and annoying that they dont defend themselves against what sometimes are blatant lies , slander and libel.

It appears that our club does just that. According to Ric's interview with Daniel Taylor, City are one of the only clubs to contact the media after every negative article and request the reasons behind it.

That interview summarises it. City are not a headline act. We've lost that affection that we used to have as everyone's second team, the underdog etc. Which is good. But the old guard want their easy route to the CL and therefore FFP tried to stop us. But it was too late. We've been too quick for it to truly affect us now and we will be able to generate enough cash to buy quality players. The majority of fans have also been brainwashed to this idea of us ruining football and spending money we didn't "earn". They ignore the fact that football had a history pre-1992. That teams that were successful around that time happened to make a hell of a lot of money and make the gulf quite high between the top tier and the leagues below.

Oddly, it also seems to be that Chelsea are now part of the established elite and reference to their expenditure is somewhat brushed under the carpet. Our revenue isn't ever spoken about - it isn't really mentioned that we've increased profits hugely and lowered expenditure and that as a club we are much more sustainable than Chelsea because we can increase capacity at our ground and improve hospitality etc. People want to read about how bad we are as a club - it sells more than a positive story. Our club know how it works and they've decided to set up a footballing partnership with other clubs and boost our global appeal - that's where the money is and that's why we are gradually catching the likes of the rags revenue wise and will soon surpass them (especially if they fail to make the top 4 this season). People aren't loyal these days - the rags old worldwise audience will soon choose other teams should they continue to do shite.

If Costa is banned it's because he stamped on someone's leg. It's not because there is no agenda. In terms of decisions etc I think we get the same as most, but linked to the established elite - certain officials and the hierarchy prefer some clubs over others.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Costa's only being 'done' for one of the stamps. The other has been swept under FA shag pile!
Not to mention the 2 head to head incidents, surely that's an instant red card for both players involved? Although if he'd got sent off for the first I don't suppose the second one would have happened.

The Light Was Yellow said:
Eli Panic said:

1 Across = Torque?

Haha

3 Down = Queue Jump

11 Across = Bile Duct?[/quote]

5 down = back to square one[/quote]

Surely 3 down is Leicester, QPR and either Burnley or Hull ?

On second thoughts I think there are too many letters.

Great thread by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.