Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for reminding me about Moyes as it illustrates my point.

He was given a comically easy ride by the media, right up until united's pr department started briefing against him, upon which the hyenas turned and attacked, without mercy. It was like clockwork and pretty much overnight. The levels of nauseating sycophancy that were directed towards Moyes and united as an institution when he was appointed were beyond parody: eg "cut from the same cloth". I don't remember a single dissenting voice in the press when a man, who hadn't won a single trophy as a manager, was appointed to run a leading football club; that is truly remarkable when you consider it. Furthermore there wasn't a single question raised at the time about the self-indulgent and hubristic way that his appointment came about and was proclaimed to the old trafford crowd by Ferguson. I mean, in what organisation does anybody other than an owner appoint their own successor? I don't remember Ferguson's hugely comical ego trip being derided at the time, or since. Delia Smith wasn't given such leeway in similar circumstances, and I expect she was discernibly more sober than Ferguson when she made her infamous speech. It was a ridiculous and short sighted appointment of a man completely ill-equipped to deal with the position, both in footballing and gravitas terms, and yet at the time I don't believe a single journalist dared utter the words 'the Emporer has no clothes'. The prevailing view in the media at the time was that united must have got this right, because they always do.

If you think a City manager, appointed under similar circumstances, with a similar record at the club, would have been given until the spring before the cockroaches attacked then you are deluded beyond help.

I remember the Fail in particular turning into a Moyes fanzine in the build up to the season, running puff piece after puff piece after puff piece. We had Moyes the deep thinker looking on at training, Moyes the man of action in his tracksuit, Moyes the ambassador sitting blazered behind his desk, and there was even a piece about his principled Christian upbringing FFS! My favourite of all though, coming barely a week after the Fail had stuck a zoom lens into Jesus Navas' open suitcase at Manchester Airport and sneered at the expensive contents therein, was when they pulled the same trick on Moyes', only they'd clearly tipped him off in advance as the most prominently displayed item was a copy of that great work of fiction, Taggart's autobiography.

According to the mail; Memphis is the latest premier league sensation. I thought he'd had two poor games so far in the premier league. I must be mistaken!

Imagine an expensive, new foreign addition to City's ranks after a couple of games. Would he be described as a sensation?

According to the mail; Memphis is the latest premier league sensation. I thought he'd had two poor games so far in the premier league. I must be mistaken!

Imagine an expensive, new foreign addition to City's ranks after a couple of games. Would he be described as a sensation?

Yes but he scored two worldies in europes Premier competition though against one of Europes toughest teams..........hes the next CR7 you know......

Not necessarily a media bias man, but SSN's coverage of us signing one of Europe's top defenders.

Imagine in United had of just signed him. Every Rag that's ever set foot in Marbella would be on queing up to tell the World how good he is and how it's the signing that will take them back to the title.

Us, a quick mention, a one tackle highlight and a picture of City's tweet.

Bonus, the fee can't be as high as Sky had hoped or a figure would be mentioned before his name Everytime it was mentioned.

I don't see it and I find these threads Embarrassing! Utd have been showing signs of decline for a long time yet still won the league in SAFs last year and clawed their way back to 4th last year. I can understand the reluctance from Journalists to completely write them off / slate them (as some on here would wish for). As always they will stick the knife in and twist it when the time comes.
Really?

Nick Harris has wrote a piece in the Mail about our summer spending. He's actually called it as it is and stuck to the facts of the situation. No negative spin at all. I'm shocked.

Man City were fined £42m by UEFA a year ago, but now they're splashing out on the likes of Raheem Sterling and Nicolas Otamendi - so what happened to FFP?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.