Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had a brilliant transfer window. The best this summer and probably our best ever.

I feel the need to point out to Merson that he is absolutely stupid. What we have now is 2 players per position, KDB was absolutely needed and offers something different to Navas. If Merson had a brain he would be aware that we have natural wingers this year and that Samir is now the back up for Silva. He is better centrally.

I wish they would do some homework. Our net spend has been more than reasonable as well, given the quality we have brought in.

CN4haDrW8AAxz69.jpg

This picture says it all.

I have been asking the same question of Ian Herbert (chief sportswriter at The Independent) on Twitter tonight, but haven't had a satisfactory response as yet.

The only thing I can think of is that they think Sterling will achieve his bonuses ;)

You're all ignoring the obvious answer to the martial fee. It's because Sterling is likely to end up costing us £49 million when he wins titles with us and we gladly pay the few million extra for helping us do so, whereas Martial is unlikely to activate any clauses as he will win nothing with the rags before being sold at a hefty loss.

dam you beat me to it, only a day late ;)

Merson saying that Arsenal had a better transfer window than us, when they only brought in a 33 year-old keeper (albeit a very good one) is farcical.

In the interests of balance though, Jack Lang in The Mirror has us down as having had the best transfer window in the Premier League:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-window-power-rankings-20-6360071

It seems Merson is rating transfer windows based on money spent not strengthening your squad, if that is the case then give Arsenal an A+ and us a D-, unfortunately come end of the season we'll see how both clubs differ and which benefited from the transfer market!

We have had a brilliant transfer window. The best this summer and probably our best ever.

I feel the need to point out to Merson that he is absolutely stupid. What we have now is 2 players per position, KDB was absolutely needed and offers something different to Navas. If Merson had a brain he would be aware that we have natural wingers this year and that Samir is now the back up for Silva. He is better centrally.

I wish they would do some homework. Our net spend has been more than reasonable as well, given the quality we have brought in.

Old argument I know but unless the pundits follow the guidelines of appealing to their main subscribers then their career may be short lived.
Seem to remember our own ric having difficulty with his opinion being published when the media expected a response line that did not coincide with their or their readers expectations.

That said, perhaps Merson is ideal material and they want him to voice the biased opinions he obviously holds.

In a way the reporting that we pay high wages as well as high transfer fees will have a positive effect on both clubs and players we want to attract.

I bet Bayern are a little upset by WFC spokesperson signing off by saying they could not compete with the massive wages City were paying. Existing Bayern as well as other BL players who traditionally go to Bayern may want to find their true worth at City now via their Agents before deciding.

This will also have a big effect on all PL players and their agents as well as players and probably from other worldwide leagues.
Let the media advertise this combined cost because it reflects the expectations of the media (as Ninjamonkey pointed out) as well as devaluing the expectations of other PL clubs.

As fans, we see this as unfair reporting (which it is), but I wonder which club will have their pick of world class players next transfer window ?

I don't really think Merson is particularly biased against us. He's definitely biased towards Arsenal but as a pundit I find him okay. He doesn't really know what he's taking about most of the time but he's quite a likeable and entertaining buffoon. His reaction when Aguero scored "that goal" shows he has no axe to grind against us unlike so many. Really he's just a bit of a clown. I don't take anything he says seriously and when he is being critical of us I don't think it's malicious, it's just ill informed. I think there is an agenda, bias, call it what you will but I think it goes above Merson's head.

Old argument I know but unless the pundits follow the guidelines of appealing to their main subscribers then their career may be short lived.
Seem to remember our own ric having difficulty with his opinion being published when the media expected a response line that did not coincide with their or their readers expectations.

That said, perhaps Merson is ideal material and they want him to voice the biased opinions he obviously holds.

No, I think Paul just lives in the void inside Chris Kamara's head, somewhere between a mispronunciation of Odemwingie and "fighting like beavers".

As a general rule the press will never report on City in an even handed way when reporting our spending. It is the one stick they can still beat us with so will exaggerate the transfers fees paid compared to other clubs. It continues to peddle the line that City have bought success and they are continuing to do so. It gives ammunition to other clubs fans to taunt us.

It is our weak spot and one we don't have an argument against. There is very little praise for all the other positives that we bring to football such as the fantastic attacking football we play, (there is still the myth that Arsenal play the best football in the league despite the evidence of the past 4 years), The fact we don't have a boorish manager who is constantly trying to manipulate the agenda, The commitment to youth development etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.