Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were biased gobshites yesterday, they're biased gobshites today and they will be biased gobshites tomorrow.
The world will keep turning and we'll keep winning.
The only good thing about this transfer window (apart from our great business) is seeing just how desperate some in the media are to paint a picture of positivity at The Swamp when most of the real world are doing their best 'Nelson' from the Simpsons impression, pointing and laughing.

Now I didn't believe that whole city media bias because I thought media would love the under dog turned big dog story plus adds competition which were told is healthy right. But having read this topic on the forum I am turning into a believer. That and not to mention articles from Sky such as the new Paul Merson ratings of the recent transfer window. Giving city a B- and no "mersons view" below it. Liverpool given better grade than city in transfer window yet look how the dynamic has changed in our squad from our business dealings. Not that I should care what merson thinks as he's an idiot but others think what is written on these sites is gospel!

I was more shocked that he gave Arsenal a B!? They've made 1 fucking signing and that was a goalkeeper..... I think he's been on the nose candy again!

Now I didn't believe that whole city media bias because I thought media would love the under dog turned big dog story plus adds competition which were told is healthy right. But having read this topic on the forum I am turning into a believer. That and not to mention articles from Sky such as the new Paul Merson ratings of the recent transfer window. Giving city a B- and no "mersons view" below it. Liverpool given better grade than city in transfer window yet look how the dynamic has changed in our squad from our business dealings. Not that I should care what merson thinks as he's an idiot but others think what is written on these sites is gospel!

Collymore quoted as saying that 'this country needs a strong Manchester Utd' pretty much spells it out for me. That's coming from an ex Liverpool player.

If he thinks like that, where does your average Sky or Talkshite or newspaper stand ? You can then add the huge Liverpool contingent who think their club needs to be near the top, & the huge Arsenal contingent who feel the same, then look at who has come along to represent the biggest threat to that. Chelsea were resented, but they are a London team & still left room for the old guard to do their thing, plus Utd had Ferguson & thought the were fine to just cruise on as normal.

Now they know they're not safe at all. Liverpool & Arsenal know they have a big problem . Abramovic isn't happy either. All down to City.

We've just seen the Germans reacting the same way because Bayern feel threatened. We are not welcome.

They've updated it now to add merson says about City. It just shows he hasn't got a clue. "They have bought well, but I'm going to give them a b- for the money they've spent"... I agree maybe he was off his face when he wrote that

Ric has a more than valid point, I was gobsmacked yesterday how it wasn't mentioned at all, with only the French media reporting the fee with add ons. Regardless of what people say, there still certainly is a tendency to paint us as the big bad wolves of football, every deal of ours includes wages too, no other teams does. I saw on Holiday about how De Bruyne would cosy £100m plus, where was the same figures with Ozil, Di Maria?

Noticed on the Guardian...

Memphis reported as 25m - Full cost 31m
Schneiderlin reported as 24m - Full cost 27m
Darmian reported as 12.7m - Full cost 14.7m
Martial reported as 36m - Full cost 58.8m

Sterling initial 44m - Reported as 49m
Otamendi initial 28.5m - Reported as 32m
Roberts initial 5m - Reported as 11m

and that's just this window

They've updated it now to add merson says about City. It just shows he hasn't got a clue. "They have bought well, but I'm going to give them a b- for the money they've spent"... I agree maybe he was off his face when he wrote that

Merson saying that Arsenal had a better transfer window than us, when they only brought in a 33 year-old keeper (albeit a very good one) is farcical.

In the interests of balance though, Jack Lang in The Mirror has us down as having had the best transfer window in the Premier League:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-window-power-rankings-20-6360071

Still hearing, reading and viewing how City can afford high wages as well as high transfer fees. The impression is being given that our other PL rivals were restricted from doing this.

The fact of the matter is that we are spending within our income because that is how any business works once it overcomes its initial investment phase. We are also debt free unlike some despite most of them having extremely rich owners who could do the same as our rich owner.

The only restriction the likes of Arsenal, MUFC, Chelsea etc. have is that they prefer to use their surplus of income to expenditure differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.